Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

8)

This past winter I had a few things done and am finishing up a few things to my Rune. One of the things I read on this site and did was the mods to the Corbin 2 up seat ... for someone my inseam - 29" and with the Rivco footboards.

I had my seat moved forward 1 1/2 ", shaved to narrow it and built up the passenger top part seat 1" ... all worked great and w/ heat it is a fine seat ... Except

:(

I find that the back of the seat bounces on my fender and is making a little dent. I don't think any of the mods are sesponsible. It seems that I read somewhere on this site about a mod or fix for this issue.

:banghead:

I know I can make an under-seat leather bag which I did way back in the 70ies for my Yamaha 360 enduro which I was using on the street w/ universal tires and a big floppy 2 up seat. But I am so busy w/ so much ...

Anyone recall the mod for the floppy Corbin-dent-your-fender issue? :?:

thx,

NH Bill

8)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dent on rear fender by Corbin 2 up seat

NH Bill,

I did search using the "search" button above (typing : "Corbin AND dent AND fender") and it came up with this :

http://www.runeriders.com/viewtopic.php ... ent+fender

NH Bill,

Have You considered the Corbin Glove Box ? :

http://www.runeriders.com/viewtopic.php ... +glove+box

BTW : Nice to see you posting on the Board again after silence from Goffstown NH for some time :!: 8) - have you been busy or in hibernation together with Your Rune :?: :lol:

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Re: Dent on rear fender by Corbin 2 up seat

John DK said:
NH Bill, Have You considered the Corbin Glove Box ?
If you do, "consider the Corbin Glove Box" keep this in mind;
five weeks ago I ordered the Glove Box and matching back rest.
four weeks ago Corbin charged my debit card $485.00,
as of today I got no nothing!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Corbin prepayment from Chuck

Chuck,

- If You haven't yet - give Corbin a call that You consider the handling of your order neither fair nor satisfactory :!: :evil:

From Your communication on this Board You don't seem to me to be groping when expressing Yourself ... :yes: 8)

Untill now I thought only danish lawyers were financing their business like this :!: :evil:

- Perhaps it would be an advice to Board members to trade with Corbin on payment terms C.O.D.

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
John, Corbin is a good company and they will get around to filling my order, after they have filled all ther orders in Denmark.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dents in fender - corbin seat 2 up

Thanks for the connecton to the corbin "glove box". It looks nice but won't solve the dents in the fender and with the changes I made to my Rune recently I am not sure it would fit the look. :?:

I may just wip up some leather pouch like I did back when I added a 2 - up seat before (yamaha 360 endouro) and had the same problem. :lol:

Yes, John ~ I have been away from the board for a while for a few reasons: I swapped a hardwood floor for my Rune with my wife and the installer left all kinds of gaps I had to finish up on (3 weeks worth!); I had 2 separate sudden deaths in my family (wife's father 87 - led a good life - still sad but ... have been fixing up Nana's attached apt. for her - that was most of the work). The other death was just sad - cousin 57 - avid skiier, athelete etc - cancer - fougt it for over a year ... sad, sad, sad. He was one reason I started slalom skiing ...too bad! And the only good & productive thing I've been doing (besided taking care of the kids) has been a charity ride I dreamed up between my former organization (Crotched Mountain Rehab Center in NH for multiply handicapped kids & the dealership I worked for for 3 months) {that's when I got the sudden big discount and could buy my Rune}.

Anyway, Bike is now all black & chrome - not grey and black & has bags. I'm happy with it and making some more but minor changes.

Thanks for noticing my absence ... :D

Anyone in NH next Sunday - 5-1-05 who wants to "ride for the kids" let me know - I'll send a poster!

All the best,

8)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice to have You back, Bill,,,

Bill,

- Nice to have You back on the Board - I can't say anything to Your history other than refer to Your signature - but sometimes in life even that is hard ...

All the best ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your thoughts!

8)

Just glad my bike is running well and the charity event is coming along well. I just pray for sun a week from now!

:biker:

I'll post pics of this ride for you -all to see.

8)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Seats

Great seat Ken.....

NH BILL My Corbin Rumble Seat (2 up) came with instructions indicating I might need to put a couple washers under the seats locking mechanism to get the seat to lock properly - and in doing so it would sit on the fender better.......I was afraid that putting the washers on might cause exactly what you seem to be experiencing. Perhaps the lock hook on your seat doesn't need washers but is too long from the gitgo... If that's the case maybe you can bend it a bit to shorten it and thereby lower the rubber cushions onto the fender... course I suppose you tried that already... just my 2 cents....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts