Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to put a good saddle on the dragnn, it'll be the Corbin FastGun style, any help with pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
When RuneSpider first got his seat, pictured above, I called Corbin and told them I wanted one just like it. That was before RuneSpider was run out of Las Vegas for various crimes and misdemeanors and changed his name from VegasShawn.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It was made with Mercedes leather and it does have a texture to it.
when I ordered it just I asked for black on black and didn't expect to get a seat with that type of leather.
So I would recommend if you order a seat from corbin you specify what type of leather you would like or who know what you will get?

Todd

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
HS.....the Corbin gunfighter seat and backrest i'm giving away at the Rune Rally is a black one. I'll post pics this weekend. ANyway, tickets are just 10 bucks each...and ONLY 40 tickets are being sold. Perhaps if you are going to the rally....you may want to buy a ticket or two 8)

For more info on the seat, see the post above. you could always buy a ticket or two...if you win it...great. if not, then go buy one. Anyway, it is black...and i'll post some pics..........

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim, I'm not that patient, I talked with the Corbin people yesterday and they are going to be at Myrtle Beach Bike week which I shall be attending in a few weeks. They'll have all their different materials etc with them, so I'll be having them build me a one of a kind, like me! :twisted:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi All, to those of you who bought the Corbin seat for the Rune, I understand that their was some issue with the seat latch at the rear of the seat, so I was wondering for those who posted pics of that nice looking seat did you guys have any issue with the seat attaching at all,I think it would be good to let members know what there in for prior to buying the Corbin saddle. Thanks for your input.
Brent

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
i had to put an extra washer in between the latch plate and the seat to get the required space to allow mine to BARELY latch. Sherry's fit perfectly from the factory. the tolerance is pretty close apparently.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think shimming/adjusting of the latches are pretty common with aftermarket/corbin saddles, I had to shim the one I put on the old valk.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
on my corbin seat, the latch completely broke away from the fiberglass of the seat with the mounting bolts and the fiberglass holding them in part of the chunk that came out.

I put some self-tapping screws around the hole and then used epoxy to re-glue the thing back in, including plenty of epoxy around the screws to give more grip. No problems since then (20,000 miles, including plenty of ladies riding on the seat (including that trip up Pikes Peak).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Corbin saddle

...this is not the first time I read not so positive comments on Corbin, quality wise and/or delays.
I ordered a Fast saddle Marsh 3rd (they took the money , same day) I was given 3 to 4 weeks max for delivery, todate I am still trying to find out when they will ship it...

I am wondering if they are working with "my" dome Custom agent who managed to hold the bike for now more than 3 weeks due to his total stupidity...for the fun, among other stupid request, he was asking for a power of atorney from my Honda dealer to authorize bike export ....as a consequence of all his mess with documents, the container was cease by US customs...andthe container is seating somewhere on a dock hoping to ged a boat ride to Europe!
As you imagine I am extremely P....

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Corbin is there baby black alligator, a little disapointed I thought the pattern of the alligator would be embossed deeper . and not knowing I should have had the seat pan moved one inch foward. I might have the stock seat redone this summer.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rune Accessories Ken

You drive way too fast for that accessory Ken... better slow down or she will want to ride on one of our Rune's on Labor Day.... :eat1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts