Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm a new Rune owner & have an interest in sharing info about quality "customizers." I just had what I think is a absolutely stellar job done on a new custom seat. I had a detachable seatback installed and extended the "tail" farther down the rear fender. Note the alligator hide embeded both in the seat and tail. It looked too cool to pass up. Very expensive however. The gator hide alone doubled the price of the job.

Rich's Custom Seats did the work.

Rich's Shop is Located at:

10003 Aurora Ave North
Seattle, WA 98133

Our Hours Of Operation Are:
Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

For Further Information and Appointment Scheduling, Please Call:
Toll Free (866) 328-9774
Local Phone: (206) 524-2274

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rich's did the job in a day ...

The most difficult thing about having the seat made was getting on Rich's calendar. I had to schedule the visit ~1 month in advance of the actual work. Once I got into his shop, he finished the job in a single day!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
How comfortable is the seat?

We have PLENTY of alligators here in South Carolina. I wonder if he could make fender covers out of these gentle critters :wink: My front fender has 31,000 miles of nicks in it from sand, armor piercing beetles, rocks, etc.

Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Comfort?

The seat was re-contoured. It sits a bit lower, but, Rich installed a gel pad in the foam. So far, so good. I'm still getting accustomed to the feel. The gator is great. It looks cool and you can't even feel the bumps on the hide.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought my NRX used; 320 miles on the clock.

Original owner ordered a seat from Aligator Bob, and now hopes I'll pick up the $2k seat. Nope, can't do it.

I picked up an Ultimate from Des. One on my VTX, one on my GL1800A, and now one on my NRX. If you can tell, I like Des' work. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts