Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I couldn't help myself, I broke out my unibit and the pic's from rune018 and went to town.
I toke my readings with the bike in the stand, in my shop, pointed out, measureing from 15' away stright behind.

STOCK: idle 71db on the gas 96db

Modified: idle 76db on the gas 104 db

I will try to get some readings while driving past a fixed piont at speed as soon as I can enlist a friend with fast reflexes to read and understand the meter.

P.S. Even my neighbors liked the sound, and were not offended :lol:
Jack

·
Registered
42 Posts
Decibel change

If JxRune's measurements are accurate, his exhaust modification made a very significant difference in perceived volume. An increase of 6dB represents a doubling of apparent volume, so his modification almost doubled the volume of his Rune at idle, and more than doubled it at speed.

john

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
mine isn't twice as loud. I have my wife's stock one to compare to side by side....day after day. It's a bit louder...but not twice as loud.

But certainly anyone concerned it might be too loud for them, just shouldn't do it 8) As for me, i love mine! In fact, my wife didn't like me wanting to ride hers half the time. When all else was equal...i'd ride my black one some days...her red one other days...since she doesn't ride as much as i do. Now that my exhaust is modified...and hers is stock, i've NEVER ridden hers again. That "cured me" :wink:

She's glad................

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for fun I pointed my trusty meter at my Dodge truck with its Cumming diesel, at idle it registered the same as my Rune WITH the exhaust mod.
Isn't that something :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts