Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Rune today & I noticed a red blinking light on the display panel when I turned off the ignition. Is that a security system or is it part of the front wheel lock? How do I engage the front wheel lock? Thanks for your help. ..... Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Flashing red Light I.E HISS

Hey Sermon Congragulations on your bike :D I'M sure you will be very happy.
The light is your [ Honda Ingnition Security System] it is part of the computer coded key setup evry key is regestured with your onboard computer sys. and will disable the electronics if someone should try a strange key, the sys. stays disabled till you insert your key and the chip inside is reconized by the computer and the system becomes active again. Asfar as steering lock that is the small red ended lever just above where you insert the key, and it will lock your forks at full stop. just give the bar a little shake if you have trouble engaging it , as soon as you turn your key the steering lock automatically disengages the forks. well i catch you again and hope to see you at the rune rally in sept. enjoy the bike you'll never stop smiling :) :)
peace

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for Your Reply

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. The dealer knew absolutely nothing about the features on the bike. I read the message boards for a few days prior to my purchase and was comfortable with my limited knowledge about the Rune. The dealer has ordered a owner's manual for me and I should be able to sort this techical stuff out on my own. Thanks for your assistance. I am heading out to the garage to lock the handle bars. ..... Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats, Check under the seat for a owners manual, youl get a couple of Disks later on, enjoy.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Owner's Manual

Poppz,

Thanks for the reply. The owner's manual did not come with the bike. The dealer ordered me one. Without the help of you all I would be flying blind. Thanks again .... Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts