Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading where some members have drilled out the exaust with a step-bit (up to 1 1/4") . Can someone tell me where i need to drill. Is it better to have a professional shop take the baffles out or is this just as good. I too agree it needs to be louder, but don't want to make it sound like a Harley.

Thanks
Chris

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
2tall....

..call me some time DSN 596-2845. I'll talk you thru some more details. I'm at Gunter AFB in Alabama. What are you...6-7 hours ahead of me?

Call me at work one day if you want......

·
Registered
534 Posts
UE time vs. Alabama time

Tim,

It shold be seven hours, I´m north of Italy in the same time zone - just compare the time in our weather stickers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info!

Hey fellow Runerz!

I appreciate the info on drilling my exaust out. However, I am currently deployed to the desert for the next 4 months to fight the War on Terrorism! (and to protect our freedom to ride)! My internet access is limited of course, but I plan on trying to log in every chance I get. Occassionally I will try and reply but if I don't don't take offense. I promise, I will once I get back to my home station in Italy sometime in September. I can't wait to get on my Rune #510, and ride through Europe!I hope everyone has a great summer and I wish I could ride with you guys and gals. I hope to talk at ya soon.

one more thing...Does anyone know of a highway peg for the Rune besides the ones that mount on the valve covers? I have extremely long legs and would like some that mount on the crash/engine bars. thanks

V/r
2tall!

FYI - at 0900 hrs this morning it was 115 degrees!

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Two Tall
Good Luck and God Bless and speed you home faster than your Rune can fly :!: :!:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
347 Posts
2tallRune

While touring Europe, if you ever consider cruising in South of France let me know, I would be more than happy to have you home for a true French dinner !!
You may consider spending the night home...remenber, drink or drive !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again!

Thanks Runeski, I' trying. Just trying to keep all parts in-tact!

Hannibal and hispy05 - My rune is sitting undercover in my gagrage in Avaiano as we speak. I was only able to ride about a week before I left in May. But it looks like there will be some beutiful countryside to see once I am back in the saddle. I will yell at you both when i get back and see if we can meet up in the spring. My wife is pregnant with our second child (We both are 38) and it is due Nov/Dec. So my fall riding will be limited. We paln on doing some traveling in the spring and next summer! I hope to catch up to you both soon.

Thanks to everyone for all the info and including me in your AWESOME Rune network. It truely is the best bike on the road. My previous bike was an '85 V-max, so metric has always been my thing. I also own an orginal '85 Honda BIg Red that I bought new in High School. I use her for hunting and she is about 95% mint. Anyway...

I have a story to tell...
Yesterday on my only day off. I was watching a show (I would tell you, but might be rediculed) with Tom Cruise being interviewed about his upcoming movie "War Of The Worlds" by Steven Spielberg, he went into how much fun it was and how he and Steven Spielberg bought each other agift upon completion of the movie. Well Tom bought Steven a Mustang GT 350 (the old style) which was gorgeous; but this is the best part!!!! Of all the things in the world that multi-millionaire Steven Spielberg could have bought Multi-millionaire Tom Cruise (which owns a couple of Harley's) it was a Jet Black HONDA RUNE!!! he said it was the best bike he had ever riden and was the most awesome machine!!!!
Someone should e-mail hime the site...if we knew his site!
thought you might like to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts