Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have finally plucked up the courage to drill through the center hole on each exhaust with a 7/8 " drill to about 2 inches deep ( bit tight but wanted the biggest hole )

Effect ? Slightly louder and definitely an improvement. I didn't want it too loud, preferring listening to induction roar and my Oakley Thump sunglasses with built in sound http://oakley.com/thump .

Also, somewhere , maybe not on this forum , I saw a post about the front turn signals not being exactly lined up with each other. The right hand one points slightly more to the sky.

I dismantled one to see if there was any adjustment but apparently not. Has anyone else noticed this and did the dealer replace?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have noticed the turn signal deal on mine, but never asked the dealer about it, although I did make them replace the front shocks(suspension units) on mine cause they rattled when I hit a bump. Mike 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I forgot to ask, could you feel any power difference when u punched the hole? I tried that on my 99 valkryie before I got my Rune, and had to shim the carbs to make it work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
drilling out exaust!

I have been reading where some members have drilled out the exaust with a step-bit (up to 1 1/4") . Can someone tell me where i need to drill. Is it better to have a professional shop take the baffles out or is this just as good. I too agree it needs to be louder, but don't want to make it sound like a Harley.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
665 Posts
Front Turn Signals

I am the one who posted about the misaligned turn signals as well as the handle bars being slightly off center, my headlight targeting too high, mirrors targeted at my shoulder and no automatic turn signal cancel..... all very insignificant when I consider how awesome it is to straddle this beast... just some little things things I would have expected to be "perfect" on this "nearly" perfect bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power

I would say that there is slightly more power. the tickover is very slightly higher. Being fuel injected I guess the carb issues don't come into play !!

When I say drill the center in each exhaust I refer to the rear of the muffler , there are 3 outlets. The middle one has some sort of plate. I believe that the gases from one of the 3 cylinders each side swaps to the exhaust on the opposite side.

This mod doesn't affect the appearance in any way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Drilled exaust

Thanks Crisco, I am going to look at my exaust tomorrow and see about drilling the center hole.

There has been mention of drilling a hole somewhere on the underside of the exuast with a step-buit (up to a 1-1/4" hole). anyone know where to drill???

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
look on the general board...do a search.....TONS of info on drilling on the underneath side. That's what most of us did.

Call me if you have any more questions about drilling underneath...DSN 596-2845. But there's pleny of pics and info and details in the posts on the general board to do this.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts