Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, The insurance company is going to total out the bike. I was using the single seat when I wreck and so I have a perfect condition dual seat for sale. I am not going to buy another Rune so I am going to sale my seat. It has the faux snake skin but the back of the back rest is the black cherry. The seat cost 1275.00 dollars and has only been used a couple of times. I will sell it for 900.00 plus shipping, so you will save 375.00 and this will help me pay my up side down on the bike, give me a call and I can also email you some pictures of the seat, and if I can get my back pegs off I will throw those in. You can go under www.schroaders.com and go under Rune and you will see the dual seat plus you will see the back pegs I have the ones they are selling for 299.00 plus I have the foot pegs on it which was additional 55.00. This is a super deal for someone who wants to put a second rider on it. The bike does great with two people. My # is 865-922-8872 hm or 865-385-1653 cel. 8)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Chaseman,

Sorry to see you give up on the Rune. Sounds like Progressive's settlement offer is less than you would of hoped for. From what I understand about insurance they do not have to replace your bike, but they do have to pay you market value.....

Also if you do not feel the offer is fair .... don't just take it.... tell them what you feel it is worth. Work with your agent / dealer to get the settlement raised.... insurance companies first offer is on the low side most of the time.

If you can do some of the work on fixing the bike ..... maybe you can keep the bike and deduct it from their offer .... salvage value in the past has been about 5k.

The way it works out for the insurance company is ....

When you buy your insurance they will tell you that one of the reasons your rate is high is that the bike was 24 to 26,000.

If you total your bike ... they pay market value 16 to 18,000... then they get the salvage value back 5,000 ... net loss to them 11 to 13,000.

Most of the time they do not want to repair if the estimate if around 70% of market value. Once a repair begins they are locked into it and know that hidden damage can quickly run the tab up, and they can not get the salvage value return.

Hope that it all works out for you and good luck in your dealings with Progressive.

I deal with insurance companies and know that it will not easy to get them to up their offer.... but they will.

If I can be of any help send me a PM / e-mail.

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Stay the course

Don’t give up yet. As Dave points out you need to stand your ground with the insurance agent.
I have no idea what your note may be but if you can see your way clear, think about biting the bullet and replacing the Rune.

I know you feel bad now, but some day you’ll be sitting at a red-light when a big shinny Rune pulls up along side.
You don’t want to sit there and think, I had one of those............. ONCE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts