Rune Rider Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont feel I was Rune bashing my friend. Im just getting frustrated with trying to get mine on the road... only to hear, theres no front tires for it. I did research a heck of a lot on this site and did not see what you just told me. Thank you for that. The only other option I saw was a rear shinko.... and while im game...my dealer isnt going to get me certified on that.

This bike has been a dream of mine to get since I first laid eyes on it. I travelled across the country to get one in Alberta
I know Im a little late to the game here but was just chipping in my 2 cents on tire sizes. Ill lay back now and shut up. thx again.

·
Administrator
6,993 Posts
The only other choice of a FRONT tire....by design, is one of the slightly smaller ones.....similar to the one you said was on their (130 size). Yes, it's a pain. I can hear both sides of this argument. But....you did....come off kind of Rune bashing.........................just sayin'

I too will NOT.....can NOT.....put a rear on the front. My dealer mounts my tires, and they absolutely will NOT put a rear on the front. Nor would I want one on there...............

So I feel your pain. Go with the smaller size front tire....or wait for the Dunlop OEM....only two choices for folks like you and me................

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Administrator
1,323 Posts
A 140/70-18 Bridgestone Battlax BT46 or BT54 both fit nicely too, but that knowledge would have required you to do a bit more research on this site before unloading on us dedicated Rune owners with your Rune bashing BS. Please feel free to sell your quality Rune to someone more deserving of owning it and then go enjoy a HD and talk BS on their forums.
I couldn’t write a more appropriate reply.
-Ollie

Reactions: YetAnotherM/C

·
Registered
835 Posts
I dont feel I was Rune bashing my friend. Im just getting frustrated
Greetings and welcome iccus1, from a fellow Canuck.

Where are you located? I'm curious who's Rune you bought, as we know where many are/were...

By far the majority of folks on this board are in the USA. As such they don't understand the Canadian ethics of humour, sarcasm, frustration venting and self depreciation. Whereas they are less calm than us northerners, they tend to overreact quicker than we do.
Already I have raised hackles, I bet, but perhaps because I have been around for a while, they might cut me some slack.
Perhaps it would have helped if I had bought more (or at least some) rounds of beer at rallies and other meet-ups. Forgive them, if you can.
Even tho they are South of us, we don't have to let them know we look down on them...
(here's the obligatory "LOL")

I just did a "tires" search (above) and came up with 474 posts. I bet you haven't read them all. This topic has been rehashed many times, with a bunch of solutions. Not all solutions will suit everybody.

However, to get you on the road quickly, I suggest you just buy any stock-size GoldWing radial front tire, and get riding.
Frustration: ended!
Then take your time figgering out what your next tire purchase will be.

Skip

·
Administrator
6,993 Posts
Now that's some good advice.....from the old "Skipster". He's not a bad guy, for a Canuck....................says the "******* wannabe" from Alabama.............:D:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:(y):whistle: (obligatory emojis)

·
Administrator
6,993 Posts
Oh my................we can't even say R*e*d*n*e*c*k on the board. Apparently, that funny term we Southerners have coined from those of us living in the sticks ....and lacking some culture and social skills.....apparently, is considered some kind of trigger word or offensive? Wow, I never would have guessed.

So I guess......we can't even make fun of ourselves? Anyway, that's what I TRIED to say in the post above.....tongue and cheek humor attempting to call myself a R*e*d*n*e*c*k wannabe from the sticks of Alabama.

Some things....I just don't get and will never understand. That word being on the "banned list" .....sort of has me flabbergasted? :unsure::geek::oops:🤪

·
Registered
835 Posts
says the "*** wannabe" from Alabama.............:D:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:(y):whistle: (obligatory emojis)
Ya gotta remember this site is owned and operated by Canux, and we don't wanna upset anyone, even all youse Rednex

Now that's some good advice...
Too bad he hasn't returned to get it...

skip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys , yes sorry , I didn't get back to this thread after my faux pas.
Skip, Thanx, I was a member once of intruder alert. I'm used to being kicked at by the boys down there.
I did end up getting a smaller brick stone tire. It was anything at that point. It seems ok. I had her up to 170 k and I didn't die lol.
The member I bought the bike from had actually had a bigger tire on it once and made some brackets to raise the fender....that would probably be the reason for the dents on the fender.
I'm good with the smaller tire. The bike handles real nice. I think it's better than my old 1500 zuke .
I got #393 which is apparently dragonstrikes old bike.. love this machine...can't wipe the grin from my face..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well Skip, The thing scared the crap outta me at first, so I took it easy at first. Also, I removed and replaced my front tire myself so that made me a little hesitant. i imagined getting a good speed wobble going and that would be it.
This bike is smooth and steady. Ill have to get on a highway yet to push it more lol.
I was in an 80 limit doing 170 so , they just impound your shit at thst point.....probably get a write up in the local paper.
Anyways, To stay on topic The bridgestone seems good so far. ,

21 - 31 of 31 Posts