Rune Rider Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
"Honda's Reply,

"Thank you for submitting your web form to American Honda Powersports Customer Relations. The Honda Rune is a discontinued model, parts for his motorcycle may no longer available. We recommend visiting vpartsinc.com at their website or contact phone number (877) 846-8243 to check for vintage parts availability.

We understand your main concern is regarding the Honda Rune Dunlop tires. We have documented your feedback. We recommend reaching out to the tire manufacture for further information or assistance.

Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Powersports Customer Relations "
"

· Registered
75 Posts
"While using a front elite 4 tire made for the Goldwing with work on the Rune,
and the tire has good/great reviews for the most part.
I wondered how hard it would be for Dunlop to add the Rune's OEM tire size to the Elite 4 line up?

I have a problem with -order a set of tires from your local dealer and have them on backorder-
while that will give Dunlop an idea on how large the demand is, it's doesn't work for me.
While that may or will work for those that have their dealer do their tire changes.
I change my own tires and will buy from the place that has the best price, and a place I have
purchased from before.

Only good thing that I can see from this is that build dates will be good."

· Registered
10 Posts
" an option, Dunlop Elite 4 (Goldwing tire), fits well and is front on front:
For Sale! $19,995 2005 HONDA VALKYRIE RUNE NRX1800 - YouTube

D251's for Rune, THOMAS LEE of Dunlop as of last week stated the tire is not yet on the schedule, but he "honestly" figures a run would happen prior to years end. The words no longer being made or not in production or extinct are wrong when it comes to the D251 Rune tire(s), it's like many things these days, delayed.

When looking at tires, do some research...

While Shinko makes a rear in the Runes size, the warranty is voided if a rear is use on the front, Bridgestone states to use tire in correct position, Metzler states to install tire in correct rotation, not reversed"
I take it thats an elite 4 in the video?

· Registered
75 Posts
"D251 tire status for Rune as of 9Jan23:

"Unfortunately, I still see no production scheduled for the D251 within the next 60 days. This can change at any time.

Regards

THOMAS LEE
Consumer Affairs

Dunlop Motorcycle Tires" "

41 - 50 of 50 Posts