Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the rostra electronic cruise on my rune. It is full electronic with no vacuum.
I need to do a little tweaking but it works good. as soon as I get everything tweaked I will post what I have done. I know i'm not the first and I want to thank the ones that did this first because they posted some problems they had and I didn't have to work throught them. for the controls I got my switches from Chilli Raider who makes a cruise unit for the Raider. I used a relay for the brake interupt because it won't work with the LED brake lights. Used a Master Pulse Divider v1.0 from taxi depot to clean up the VSS signal and divide the signal by 2 so the rostra can except it. I ordered my wireing conecters from Eastern Beaver so I could make all connections without tapping into the wireing harness on the Rune. This way I can remove with no damage to the bike. As soon as I get time to finish this I will post all parts and suppliers and how I ran everything. It will be a few weeks because I have been Very busy. If anyone has Any questions about this feel free to call me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
switch settings for cruise control

OK here is the settings for the Rostra cc there are 12 switches. sw 1 off, sw2 off, sw3 off, sw4 on, sw5 on, sw6 on, sw7 off, sw8 on, sw9 off, sw10 on, sw11 off, sw12 off. If you are using the VSS controller from Taxi Depot that I used there are 2 jumpers to install. one jumper goes number 2 position and one goes on C position. I will try to post pics. P1010045.jpg this is the VSS controller with the jumpers installed phpLdPtSHPM.jpg this is the switch settings

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
switch from Chilly

Here is the switch I got from Chilly Raider installed on my bike phphw28rwPM.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cruise control cable

I hooked the cable up on the left side of the bike on the linkage. I used the mounting bracket E that came with the unit. I had to cut it down and mounted it to the tubular bracket that the chrome cover screws too. I drilled 2 1\4 inch holes through it and bolted together with carrage bolts here is a pic of the mount. P1010057.jpg P1010058.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics of parts used for cruise

phpG0MnJKPM.jpg this is the parts diagram from the kit I got. I used the bracket E and the snap-in adaptor G20 too mount the cable. The E bracket needs too be cut where I marked it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are a few pics of the cable hookup

sorry but I couldn't get a good shot of the hookup spot. P1010056.jpg P1010061.jpg P1010062.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few pics of the cruise module mounted on the bike

P1010046.jpg P1010048.jpg P1010049.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
connectors

If you want too add connecters so it can be removed you will need connecters from eastern beaver and a crimper too make pigtails for the wireing. Here is what I used. 1 (2P090WP-HM Set) and 1 (3P090WP-HM Set) These hook to the brake light circuit and the VSS wire. This way the wireing harness does not get disturbed.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
switch prices

The double switch is $109.95.
The triple switch is $119.95.
The quadruple switch is no longer being made. ( there were some left, limited to stock on hand, unsure of the price.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
switch prices

thanks dave the 4 button switch was $129 when I got mine. it has 3 normally open switches and 1 normally closed. There is room inside the handlebars too run all the wires from the switch. You just need too drill a hole in the back side of the turn signal switch rear cover. there is already holes in the bars big enough for the wires too run through.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Everett, I just set the 12 switches on the cc unit.
I also checked the VSS controller; it already had the jumpers in the positions specified by you.
I have questions:
1. How did you find out the pulses/mile?
2. What is the significance of the jumper settings on the VSS?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK glad yours was already set I had to call Taxi Depot and talk too their tech. at first he wouldn't give me any info until I explained what I was trying to do. The jumper installed on 2 devides the signal by 2. the jumper installed on C sets the signal for digital. I got the pulse/mile from DRoach on this board he has tested it with a scope and come up with around 65000 so I devided it by 2 and set the jumpers as close as I could.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
First a big THANKYOU to Everett for sharing lots of info on this install.
I wanted to add some pics and notes.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Now, for the wiring...I flagged the cruise harness with red tape.
The separated connectors are for the brake circuit and the VSS.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts