Rune Rider Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
These pics show the harness adapters for the the wires to transmit the VSS signal, and to the brake system relay.
The relay is also pictured.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
u guys are sharp ........ way to go on the install info ...... very good directions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
looks good Dave

have you had a chance too test ride yet??

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Thanks, Everett.
NO test ride yet, t'was another powder morning here!!!!!
Did you run the diagnostic tests before you rode?????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dave yes I did. It's a good way to check your switchs and the vss signal.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Where would one find a quad switch for this now?

or maybe 2 dual button switches?

also what relay did you use?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quinn;
Where would one find a quad switch for this now?
The quad switch is not really necessary, it just provides an additional switch for some other function.
You only NEED three (or two) switches.

also what relay did you use?
Use a standard 5 position relay ( I will post the part #)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thanks Dave... I ordered the big hardware. Just need the relay & switches. I found the connectors but when I added them to the shopping cart and got ready to check out... shipping was 475.00! Minimum order is $20. So I ordered several of each set and the shipping came down to around 7.50... I looked at the tool but decided $60 - $70 for one time use was a bit much. I think we have them at work anyway, we have a masterful chords department... they can make anything!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Eastern Beaver is the only source that I have found for the oem connectors.
You have to order the $20 minimum, otherwise the shipping is shown at an unrealistic amount.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't checked with Chilly Raider about this recently but has he indicated that his Raider kit would have most of the parts needed for the Rune? Connectors and Master Pulse Divider are probably Rune specific but wonder about the actual CC system being the same. Maybe I'll drop him a note and see what he says. I have the kit for my Raider but one fellow found that if he put the air ride system on his bike that it used up the room normally used for the CC system. Not sure if I'll run air but thinking about it since the Raider looks cool lowered. Look cool while stopped or have electric CC while riding...hmmm

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
NRXTREME;
Connectors and Master Pulse Divider are probably Rune specific.
The "master pulse divider" is mostly used on taxi-cabs to provide a clean VSS signal to the fare meter.
It is totally generic.
The connectors ARE Rune/Honda specific, and are readily available from Eastern Beaver.
The only other thing you need is a standard 5 pole relay for the brake circuit, since the LED lights don't have a good ground path.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The CC will work with air ride . I've had both for over a year. I used the Platinum Air Ride on mine. I think that Chilli's CC is the same, I just don't know if will have the parts to hook to the throttle. I will see if I can see what he uses for that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It looks like Chilli uses different parts than I did to hook up the throttle but I think it will work. The main unit he uses is the same so it should work. If I can be of any help just give me a call.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thank you gents. I emailed his crew about mounting air ride and the CC on a Raider and it was mentioned that both would work but you need to preplan the install as it's a tight fit. This person (don't think it was Chilly) wasn't confindent about the install to a different bike but since the parts are available on ebay, I'll just buy and build one as per your great instructions. I was concerned about drilling holes in the tubing but it looks like it's a replaceable part and not the main frame. It's like the Rivco 6 pack install I "plan" to do someday...I'll modify parts I've purchased as a back up plan or if it can be purchased through Honda. Modding a main part or spendy item isn't in da cards.

Wondering about the 2 button control vs the ones they sell on ebay. Not as sexy as the bar mounted item but I will take a look at mounting one of the cheap units. I'm sure you already looked at that option and found it lacking so I'll probably follow suit. Did you have to mod the handlebar opening size to fit the handle bar or is the bar same size as the Raider? Lots of things to play with when I get done here. Reckon I better install car lifts first so I'll have more floor space to build the bike shop inside the main shop.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The handlebar opening is the same. You can use any n/o switches. I just used chilly's because I like the looks of it. The holes in the tubing did not bother me, you can't see them with the covers on. If I ever remove the cruise I will just weld the hole shut and paint them. Witch Air ride are you using??

·
Registered
389 Posts
Air ride would be for the Raider and I haven't selected it yet. Thinking Tricky Air but there might be something else out there by the time I get back to the US..in 2015. Wishful thinkin' I guess. Need to get the house paid off before I buy more toys.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
diagnostic LED

Everett;
Dave yes I did do the diagnostics. It's a good way to check your switches and the vss signal.
Everett, is the diagnostic LED under the rubber cover????? I've been so busy with snow removal, that I haven't done the tests yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yes Dave it's under the rubber cover. I used a mirror to see the LED while I tested it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I’m glad this info is still here. I had someone asking me for the info and couldn’t find it in my in my files.

Reactions: Afghanpilot
21 - 39 of 39 Posts