Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody !!!!

By Friday afternoon, MiniMarvel, (but, big heart !) and his body Mark (the acrobatic Pilot) will ride and drive 1500Km across England (London) and south of France (Montpellier) for a very special mission : Delivering the most beautiful French Black Cherry RUNE...my Rune

Not only those 2 guys went trough many real difficulties in managing the bike from US to UK for me, but they are now going the extra miles (+/-1000!!) to deliver my Rune at my door!!

This is a very concrete example of what this board can deliver in term of friendship and free dedication the the cause.
Please join me to wish both of them a very nice and absolute safe journey across part of Europe.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Have a nice ride !

David (minimarvel, big heart, brave heart) & Mark,

Gentlemen - You are true friends !

Have a nice trip ! - Ride save ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi jacques i know how joyous and exciting you are as i am also picking my baby tomorrow at 9am. i have spoken to david and was very tempted to ride down to the south of france with him!!! and ofcourse meet you! i would love to take my lady with me to share the experience but unfortunately i don't have the dual seat plus my rune is not really ready yet, so maybe next time. My best wishes to david and mark have a wonderful journey.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good to see Your post

Chuck,

- Just good to see this post from You - after John´s (Skibum's) post to day about "Who needs parts" ...

- Well that "organ donor" has a stock seat - did You end up finally getting Your stock seat to Darek in Poland ?

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I got an email yesterday.

The seat is in Chicago, delivered to a friend of Darek’s, and will be sent on to Poland.
Hell……….the way things are going Darek will have my Rune, piece by piece.

My “Surprise Present”, in exchange for the seat, is a 1959 book published in Warszawa a/k/a Warsaw, Poland.
It’s a pictorial depicting scenes from the Holocaust.
Each page has photographs taken before, during and after liberation.
Each picture is captioned in Germen, Polish and English describing the event captured on film. (I can only read 33% of it)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well,

Chuck,

Well, just to comfort Darek, he didn't get Your old cooling water as a bonus on the trade when You put in EVANS in Your cooling system, didn't he ? - Any ex-wifes in the box to Darek ? - It's Your own statement that Darek gets all "parts" second hand from you ...

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
John

No, he didn’t get the antifreeze. I had a pool party and served it to my guests.

As for sending an ex-wife to Poland, I’d like to relate a Polish joke but I’m afraid to.

There are people from New Jersey who read these posts and if I were to offend one it would hurt me.

They are all bigger than me!

·
Registered
534 Posts
No jokes here

Chuck,

- No more jokes here ...

I think Darek´s contribution to the trade is very fine ...

It´s a dark - very dark - chapter of European history, and the consequences of it aren't over yet - actually just today 10 German persons was sentenced to life (for war crimes) in absence by an Italian court - all 10 alive but 80+ of age, living in Germany - they wil not be delivered, and they will not go on vacation in Italy ...

- - -

Just glad that it´s not Your bike John (Skibum) spotted today and that we still get our smiles and laughing from Your humor ... :D

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Yo Chuck
Smart move, yous don't wanta Rich and me to haveta comes down there.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
John,
Thanks for your offer to help. I only told Chuck I am 6'1" 198 lbs.and muscular. In truth I am 4' 4" 140 lbs and puney. I have to wear platform boots with 4 x 4's nailed to them in order to ride my Rune.
RIch K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
534 Posts
Guest gift as a memory of a good party ?

Chuck,

- When Your guests departed from the pool party, did You hand out to each a memory of of an unforgettable evening ? - Sunglasses, white stick, yellow arm binder with three black dots ? ...

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Rich, this forum is for cultured people.

Even the mention of Phillie Fans and Met Fans is detrimental to the spirit of this civilized medium.

:attention: Now that I have an accurate description of your stature I want you to know, I have no fear of a Polish elf.

·
Registered
534 Posts
One more in state of bliss

Jacques,

- Actually we have one more Board member who is in the same state of bliss as You - not so far from You and Hannibal - south west Germany - whom I have had some PM communication with, and I'm trying to tempt him "out of the closet" by posting ... :wink:

- Have a Friday You'll never forget :D :!:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi John

j will send also a private message concerning this point.
please inform your south germany friend (j hope hi already has his Rune)
www.f6valkyrie.info/VRCCgermany2005.htm
we have a walkiria european meeting in germany from 1st to 3rd july near Frankfurt. at up link you find all details.

concerning you news about nazist crimes in italy it should not be out of place to say that all papers concerning this matter were left in a cupboard with doors turned at the wall for 50 years. that is a typical italian situation.
due to the italian law this old germans can make holidays in italy as up 75 years there is no power to put them in prison. anyway the victims relatives could cite them for civil damages
of course at their place j would avoid to make holidays in the area were they stayed in italy.

please the board get these news only as culture information without any political or human coment. in private mail j may have any discussion about that times as j suppose to be on the parts.
my grandfather was a fascist gerarca and my father "king soldier official "was in a german lagher for non accepting to join the fascist army. that means a family with 50% and 50%. :)
luckily all followed whell and j may tell some stories.

ciao
Hannibal

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi Hannibal

Hi Hannibal,

Thanks for the elaboration on what I posted, and thanks for the PM.

I had the same aim for bringing that up as Your post, and to give Chuck a perspective of what he got from Darek in the trade with Darek, not to make judgments on anyones past doings, because I'm not entitled to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts