Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im experiencing some crap on the chrome around the exhause. More so on the drivers left than the right. It cleans off but I have to rub hard and use a scratch removing type wax. Is this normal, bike has 1200 miles on it? I read some of the previous smoke problems in other messages, I do not think my bike is smoking. Could this be the beginning of the smoke problems, I heard other Rune owners talk about? Please advise.

·
Registered
390 Posts
FLTR199 I use the 'shock' to clean the deposits off my exhaust and rear wheel and final drive. It removes all the deposits immediately with no hard rubbing nessesary - instant shine. It takes me just a minute or two to give the area a quick clean up before I ride or, after everything's cooled, when I get back.
I was truely delighted to find this stuff. Before hand I was in the same boat as you- using all sorts of cleaning product's and rubbing like hell with slooooow results. This stuff is a form of industrial soap and I believe most industrial soaps will be as effective.
Here's a link, there are several places that sell it though.

http://badtothebom.com/id25.htm

BTW I have no financial interests in this product etc etc

·
Registered
486 Posts
Windex and a very soft cloth is all you need. If you do my exhaust mod the amount of the residue on the pipes will be reduced.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chrome cleaning

I also use Windex, but only when the grime isn't too bad or very old. If it's really dirty, or been on the bike a while, I use Mother's Wheel and Mag polish. It's extremely effective and not at all abrasive.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Black Stuff

I use "Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish" I spray it on while the pipes are hot and it does sizzle :pepper1: ...but......it wipes right off with my "wiping towel" and very little elbow grease ... Early on I cleaned it when it was cold... for me it was MUCH harder to clean cold. Once I knew every Rune did this I was ok with it... When I first saw it I thought it burned the pipes...sheeeeoooot. Great relief to wipe it off...and..to have this bike... so worth this small inconvenience.

I am sure I am wrong but I thought you weren't supposed to use ammonia on chrome.... windex... obviously if it's working with no bad results I am wrong on this one..

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Do like I did and pop a 1.5 " hole in your muffler and let the exhaust come out the bottom not the back :wink: .
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dude,all good responses here's what the big bear does, I first take off all that soot crap & discoloration with 409 then once i have done that then i follow that up with Windex,sounds like more work than it really is. Of course all that will change when I do the exhaust mod like "Redvalk" and so many others,after the mod almost no soot what so ever,zilch,nada finoto,gone.
Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, I use windex. Works like a champ

HogSlayer said:
Windex and a very soft cloth is all you need. If you do my exhaust mod the amount of the residue on the pipes will be reduced.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Windex

You see my post from Feb 17...I knew what worked best...for sure :croc: ...After thinking about things and looking at pics of Hogslayers bike... and reading his very informative posts on other subjects...against my often visible... egomaniacal better judgement and ever so stubborn nature :mad1: ...I tried windex... :banghead: :oops: I now carry a small bottle of windex in my bag wherever I go...I does work very well... much better than the Honda sprayd :bow1:

·
Registered
141 Posts
crude

I ran out of car soap one day. I actually used some DAWN dishwashing soap in a bucket. It took 1 swipe with a rag and the film was gone.

Windex
simple green
never dull
almost anything takes it off.
no need to scrub
Same issue with the wheel and the left chrome cap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts