Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

After months looking over many European bike Web site, I found the GRAAL, your GREAT site. Maybe you can help a flat6hadic.
While in Switzerland I had a F6C Walkyrie. I decided to sell it against a BMW R1200C upon my return home in France. Truth is, I am really missing my flat 6 bike.
I love flat 6 ! BTW I have an other flat 6, a 3.4L , 300 HPS, Carrera C4 cab.
Can you help me out.
Any idea if any body managed to import a Rune in France or if the Rune as already been officialy certified for Europe ?
Many THx for your help.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Import of a Rune to France

Hi Jacques,

I hereby throw in my two cents :

It is a wild shot, but I hereby pass the information to you :

A german dealer has one Candy Black Cherry/rear handle bars/spec. 47 wheels Rune at stock for sale for the moment (4 miles on the ODO), so he knows everything about importing a Rune to EU :

Heesch & Carstensen
Telephone : +49 04638 8222 (ask for Rüdiger Heesch)
www.gl-teile.de (look out "gebrauchtmashinen" and "neumashinen")
email : [email protected]

I know he has sold four Rune´s in total - 2 to Sweden, and 2 to other countries, as far as I remember (not sure on the last part) - perhaps one to France.

Rüdiger is fluent in english and of course in german, too - a very fast speaking gentleman, whatever language - and very informative and helpfull, too.

- Perhaps you should just give him a call and have a chat with him on the issues you are dealing with ...

- Please note the comments on his website about the modifications of the Rune due to EU requirements specific mentioned under "neumashinen" (new vehicles), they are not there just "for random" ! (emmision and lights).

With regard to your import project, I think you don´t find the german price tag interesting - EUR 32.990 (including 16 percent german VAT and german import duty at 6 percent, as far as I remember). But perhaps the information from him can help you

He is what we here in Denmark call "an old fox" - has been in the business for more than 20 years now - has a lot of knowledge on the issue.

I know from your post that you have been in Switzerland - so just choose whatever language you prefer - I don´t know if Rüdiger speaks french - but I´m sure english or german "will work" ...

Furthermore, I know that the german dealer :

Biker´s Point Uslar (northwest of Kassel, Germany)
Telephone : +049 05571 912092
www.goldwing.de
email : [email protected]

had a black Rune for sale in the late autum ´04 - it´s not advertised any longer, thus it must be sold - perhaps they have some knowledge about the issues, too - I have not been in contact with the firm.

With regards to certification of the Rune in Europe, you have an other post on the board, and I will reply on that separately.

- Perhaps this can be of of some kind of help to you.

G

·
Importing to France

Jacques, I am from the Netherlands and here it is impossible to register a US spec bike directly imported. What is done her under European Legislation, once a bike is registred in European Union, another country has to accept the registration. So for our country, bikes are first registred by a dealer in Germany or Belgium (could be 1 day only) and then exported to Holland. Apparantly the technical validation in Belgium and Germany is less strict as in Netherlands to validate against EU spec.
The foreign country dealer will sell excluding VAT and you will have to pay VAT and potential other local taxes in your country.
Through this route approx. 8-9 Rune's have come to Holland. If you want to find a bike, here is a link in Germany with serveral (9) runes in Germany (search under Honda and Rune), which a cheaper then Rudiger Heesch. With the current rate between $ and €, it should be possible to get a bike under 30000 Euro. I think this route should also work for France.

http://www.mobile.de/

Good Luck

Harry from Holland

·
Registered
534 Posts
CARB information

Hi Jacques,

Perhaps it would be an idea to get in contact with the dealers found by a Honda Rune search on the website proposed by Harry www.mobile.de to discuss the emmision issues with those german dealers, perhaps they can contribute with something ...

- just an idea ...

Keep up the good work and keep us posted !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.