Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone, I am a VTX driver thinking about moving up to a Rune. I've got a lead on one near me that is a 2003 with 10k miles. Owner paid $24,500 new. What's a reasonable price for the bike, assuming good condition?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
it's a 2004. there is no such thing as a 2003. though...many of the 2004s were built in 2003.

Don't want to get those folks who are always talking about another year model being available all excited :oops:

keep in mind...you can get a brand new one (2004....the few 2005 made are priced even higher....go figure???) with ZERO miles...for 19,995. So the price DEFINITELY has to be well under that. I think somebody posted on here recently they looked up a blue book price for a used Rune....not mentioning any mileage....think that price was somewhere between 17 and 18k. Doesn't really matter what they paid new. Many folks paid a LOT more for new ones when they bought one of the first ones out. then the prices started dropping. Some folks paid OVER MSRP to get one of the first.

But...they'd be lucky to get the same blue book value as a person that bought one for only 19,995. That's the breaks........

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
SCX:

RedValk gave you some good advice.

However, you will not be “moving up” if you get a Rune you’ll be leaping forward!

I’m one of those who paid a premium just to have one of the first.
I like most, who paid the premium, wouldn’t sell their Rune for what they paid.
It is the most unique motorcycle on the road today.

Get the best deal you can, but don’t let one slip away.
If Honda does suspend future production, the demand will overcome the supply, because guys like me will be holding on to them.

Good luck to ya.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Just got back from the Honda Hoot where I saw a number of great-looking Runes and talked to a couple of owners. Beautiful bikes. Someone drop me a PM with the name of a dealer selling new ones for under $20k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts