Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After 2 months of heavy French admin investigation, questions on the board, calls with Rune owners and dealers in US, UK, Germany and Austria, I am almost done with my Rune order.
I will buy my bike from UK get it UK homologated, license to an English friend, and then have it ship to France FOR ME TO ENJOY !!!

Thx to a very low US $, ( 1.34 $ for 1 euro, it use to be exact opposit...) Even if I don't now yet my final price (I made several offer) I will not go bankrupt.
FYi, nowdays you can manage to buy a new Rune in the $ 19 000 range from dealers, for less on Ebay...

Still a questions: What kind of service spare parts do you believe I should order with my Rune to get them delivered with the bike ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you finally get round your 'power limit' issue?

I'm sure some people are keen to know the outcome of all the posts and typing effort they put in. :wink:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power issue

...well to my desapointment, nobody came with a technical solution...I will have to keep investigating. I will have six months to find a clean solution. Maybe I will remove the ECM put it under electronic investigation to find how Honda France modified the GW French ECM...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Service Spare parts

Well Hannibal, as you very well spoted out, if you can't get all your parts in one go it's not very efficient. I am thinking to load the Rune crating with first "service part spares".
I was thinking about thhings like Oil filter, brake pad, tires and ????

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi Jaques,
oil filter is the same of goldwing.

rear tire you may not get in europe

airfilter and brake pad set

sparkplugs are much more costly in italy.

j have no idea about the front headlight bulb. but very soon j open and try to get one at local dealers.

ciao, waiting for your visit with the rune or meeting on the border.
hannibal

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your TUV nex week

Remember Hannibale, your are still part of my B plan regarding homologation. Since I can't be 100% sure the UK second hand trick will work, I may have to use your experience...and succes to get my future RUne with a French tag on it !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts