1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Iron Butt
4,924 Posts
Looks like Germany, Berlin perhaps?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Shipping to the US would be a deal breaker. I imagine those item are more coveted overseas. I was interested in the trim tab. Shipping would probably be more than the cost of a used one here in the states. Thanks anyway. GLWS.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Where are you locatated? Judging from the post, english is not your first language. Will you sell separately?
I don't know, not to be harsh, but the way most of the people's spelling is here on the site (locateted??) unless you're profile says you're from the states, it's kind of hard to tell where anyone could be from.
I say this of course with love and respect for my fellow and longtime Rune brethren...
Tim had a good example - "Road the Rune to work" - at first I thought it was a post about the road he went on with his Rune on his way to work...
:-?

When I used to teach (and not English) high school, I had to fail one of their valedictorians for misspelled words on a paper they turned in - their excuse was the spellcheck on their computer was broken. So I gave the student the benefit of the doubt and let them hand it in again the next day. Still got an F.. sure, the words were spelled correctly, but the student used the wrong ones (weak instead of week, etc.)

So, everytime I see edumacated adults (I mean educated...) spell something wrong or use the wrong word for something, the teacher and spelling bee competitor in me cringes a little bit each time.

However almost all of you are way smarter in a lot of things that I am not. :bow1: And I really, honestly respect almost everyone here that I've known for the past 6 years or so, and truly am blessed to be able to call you all friends. The cat man, not so much (he scares me). :22yikes:

Greg

·
Iron Butt
4,924 Posts
their excuse was the spellcheck on their computer was broken.
I'm sorry Greg... but is spellcheck a word? :grin: I think it is "spell check"

Boy, this could open a can of worms!

·
Registered
998 Posts
And I really, honestly respect almost everyone here that I've known for the past 6 years or so, and truly am blessed to be able to call you all friends. The cat man, not so much (he scares me). :22yikes:

Greg
Inquiring minds want to know Greg. Prezactly which members, that you have known the past 6 years or so, is it that you DO NOT respect? devil5.gif

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I'm not saying- just that MOST all of you I like and respect pretty much mostly a lot.

According to Dictionary.com, Spellchecker is a word:
World English Dictionary
spellchecker (ˈspɛlˌtʃɛkə)
n
computing a program that highlights any word in a word-processed document that is not recognized as being correctly spelt

As is Spellcheck:

spellcheck

[spel-chek]

spell-check

  /ˈspɛlˌtʃɛk/ Show Spelled[spel-chek] Show IPA
verb (used with object) 1. to process (a document) with a spell checker; check the spelling of.

So, yes, it's a word.

:razz:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Now if we can just get Greg to come and join us at this years WCRR, we would all be happy!!!

Jack

( of course more that three people need to cast their vote or Bill and I will just have to have fun with the other two fine soles who voted!! we know more will show . . . they always do . . and Yosimite is a sight to be seen too!)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
We love Yosemite. If I have a full-time job by then and enough vacation time accrued, we'd love to come up for the rally.
Seems that every Summer recently I've just started a new job and have zero to very little vacation time, and if I'm working for the time being as a contractor, I have no vacation time nor can afford to take any days off except weekends.

Mehhhh.

Otherwise it would be a blast to be there on bike vs. family mini-van.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts