Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
This guy knows nothing about a Rune. Not only is the battery box totally PLASTIC, so is the tank bib. And that is before examining the radiator shrouds. Duh! Come on man.
"(y) .........social media at its finest...:cool:

Plenty of plastic: alternator cover, rear brake master cover, side covers (key surround one and its counterpart on the other side), what's funny is he has Corbin Bags on that Rune. The bags require the removal of the metal chrome side covers with the HONDA on them to be replaced with cheap ass plastic ones provided by Corbin. The wax mold info was interesting, wonder if it's a fact about the end piece funnel part? He states that Honda made no extras of that part. That's kind of B.S., Honda made or had made for them, extra ones. They're just part of the exhaust system/muffler (left or right side) that you can or could purchase.

That's a parts Rune in the making...;) "

· Registered
75 Posts
Guys. He is obviously not accurate in his description nor is he a Rune enthusiast. But if you look at beyond the nitty gritty, the review is pretty accurate. Ryan F9 has one of the best YouTube motorcycle channels out there. Watch some of his other videos and you might appreciate what he does.
"If? "He is obviously not accurate in his description nor is he a Rune enthusiast."
How is this possible? "the review is pretty accurate."
He's accurate and not accurate at the same time?

We all have an opinion on the video as we should, which does not require us to agree.

This being a Rune forum, I have no care about his other videos.

For me, it is as I stated prior on the other thread on this same video, entertainment good for laughs.
As are the comments.

I have like him, ridden my Rune in the snow/cold weather. Only when the roads are clear and free of
any additive(s) added to help with ice/snow conditions. While cold weather riding has its challenges,
it brings a joy only it can.❄⛄❄

Thanks for posting...

Happy New Year to All"

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"If? "He is obviously not accurate in his description nor is he a Rune enthusiast."
How is this possible? "the review is pretty accurate."
He's accurate and not accurate at the same time?

We all have an opinion on the video as we should, which does not require us to agree.

This being a Rune forum, I have no care about his other videos.

For me, it is as I stated prior on the other thread on this same video, entertainment good for laughs.
As are the comments.

I have like him, ridden my Rune in the snow/cold weather. Only when the roads are clear and free of
any additive(s) added to help with ice/snow conditions. While cold weather riding has its challenges,
it brings a joy only it can.❄⛄❄

Thanks for posting...

Happy New Year to All"
So you just proved my point. His review is pretty accurate. Did you even read my comment fully or just like most people these days, you just glanced over it? I said his description of the bike isn’t accurate but his review is. And no you don’t have to like his channel but hundreds of thousands do. Cheers and Happy Holidays

· Registered
75 Posts
""So you just proved my point"
I don't see it that way. Which in the end, means nothing.(y)

"Did you even read my comment fully or just like most people these days, you just glanced over it?"
I did read it fully, however, it's possible the way you meant for it to come across is not how I interpreted it.
Public forums allow an individual to interpret a posting the way they see/read it or understand it,
which may not be the way the author meant for it to be. The same is true for any reply to a posting.

RIDE SAFE - RIDE OFTEN
🏍:coffee:"

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think F9’s YouTube review will attract a lot of new bikers to this amazing piece of Motorcycle art. A lot of new bikers have never heard or seen the Rune. Anytime I take it to a bike meet, most people assume it’s a custom build. An increased awareness about the Rune will in turn increase the value of our bikes in the “new” riding community and might even increase the dollar value.

· Registered
75 Posts
"The video can just as easily cause people that were on the fence about a Rune to loss interest in one.
He points out prices for Rune parts. For many the prices he states would seem high, so they would if they have an interest in a Rune verify that the prices are in fact that high. Of course, anyone that owns a Rune knows parts don't come cheap.
However, once they verify that prices are high, they will also learn that many, many,
many parts are no longer available, making one question if Rune ownership is worth it if you plan to ride it.
The fact that more and more Rune parts are becoming unavailable has already had an impact on this board's membership and Rune ownership in general, there are members and non-members who have already sold their Rune's just for that fact.
If someone wants a Rune to ride it, parts availability will be a big factor, or should be. That lack of parts availability can also have a negative effect on values.

Active participation is what keeps a community alive, use it or loss it. This board gets plenty of new members. Very few actively participant, and some that do, ask a question or two
get the answer they want and are never heard from again. Or not until
they have another question/problem."

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Thought I should clarify my response to this thread above - I WAS KIDDING. The video was OK, but I caught the part where he said he could find no plastic bits a little funny is all. I should have been more forthcoming with the sarcasm font. I've amended the post.

· Registered
75 Posts
"The Video's comments/replies mostly have zero likes or dislikes, the one below got 15 likes...

..."I always wanted one, and now that I am looking for a bike……these were something I was interested in…….till now.
I had no idea they were rare and collectible. I just like the concept of a gold wing with out all the grandpa parts!
Glad I found out parts are crazy before I bought one!"..."

· Registered
75 Posts
"From video comments, answers why it can be a bitch to get help from Honda."

"I worked Techline at American Honda Motorsports for a couple years
and we used to absolutely dread getting calls on the Rune specifically.
They were few and far between, but when they happened,

the whole crew knew not to get wrapped up in your case if they could help it."

· Registered
29 Posts
Well, It does not matter how much it has mistakes but one thing I really wanted to appreciate about this bike is its design. The Rune is the most important aspect of the bike. But after hearing that parts price list, and knowing my track record on dropping and crashing bikes. I don't think I could ever buy one, I'd never be able to enjoy riding it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts