Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wink:

I have never felt that Honda did the frame colors juctice whether on the Wing or the Rune. My Valkyrie frame was black so it matched the color of my green and black tank / fenders / bags.

My Rune is black and that grey frame is asking to be make some kind-o-black. Anyone ever consider having their frame made to match their bike? Anyone ever do it and have pics?

8)

NH Bill

·
Registered
88 Posts
NH Bill said:
:wink:

I have never felt that Honda did the frame colors juctice whether on the Wing or the Rune. My Valkyrie frame was black so it matched the color of my green and black tank / fenders / bags.

My Rune is black and that grey frame is asking to be make some kind-o-black. Anyone ever consider having their frame made to match their bike? Anyone ever do it and have pics?

8)

NH Bill
I was in AZ at the bike week and saw some good looking bikes on display from Jessie James. My friend ask me which bike looked the best of the two comparable bikes. I told him I like the color of one bike but the other looked much better. He ask me what was the difference and I said I couldn't see. It turned out the one with the frame painted the same color was the difference. I have now painted several of my bikes after that and did the frame. What a difference with the looks.

Adrian

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Painted frame

Runeman;

Looks great from the rear! :D

Did you paint the neck? I didn't see one of the front that was painted. If you didn't ... how come?

Thx, :)

NH Bill
8)

·
Registered
172 Posts
NH Bill:

This is not my bike. I just found the pic in the galleries. I would assume that the owner would have had the front end painted also. It appears that it is the bike that is involved in the burnout in the adjacent pics.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lowered ride

I believe that this Rune has a stock suspension. It might appear lowered in this photo because the guy who took this camera shot had a few others shots with it. While he was burning out (in the other pics you haven't seen) :biker: so much the tire eventually became no more. :shock: :shock: :money1: =replacement tire

Maybe this helps you out :?:

Diver Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frame Color

Back on Dec. 13th I asked if anyone had changed their frame color. I thought that a black bike should have a black frame :) that's just me and I expect there are as many different opinions on this as there are colored frames :lol:

So, like a compas I ended up finding a guy who covered my boat who - in the winter - works on bikes. The whole thing expanded from there. :shock: :lol:

Anyway, I've gotten a couple of emails since I updated my avatar and signature picture from my old "look" from people asking about my bags - (National Cycle).

Yes, we all do personalize our rides and "yes" what someone thinks looks great someone else thinks spoils the "look". Everyone has their own opinion - some like grey frames - some don't. :shock:

After getting my bike apart to paint the frame I had a few other ideas in mind. I live in the frozen North (NH) and haven't riden without a windshield since1975. The posts about the various windshields and their advantages out there on the market were helpful - I chose the Memphis Slim Stelletto.

I don't like to carry a back pack either - although some of you do - and that's cool for you. I wanted hard bags like I had on my past 3 rides and the smallest useful ones were the National Cycle bags but the flair on the rear went the wrong way.

So, I had the flair cut off and the bag contour re-shaped to follow the fender contour (I'm satill waiting for the *#&!ing gasket so the contents stay dry). There is a pic of the bag being re-worked in my gallery. The brackets were for the regular Valkyrie.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... 039&stype=

see page 2 dated today :eek:4: It was a bit challenging since the plastic wasn't as easily workable as first thought.

I got the regular Rivco boards and followed someone's advice on the Corbin seat ( :wink: to shave the nose, move the back of my seat forward and raise the passengers' seat so they wouldn't feel like a jockey ... and, of course - in the frozen North - it is heated :D )

I've got a Formotion clock and therm. and just figured out how to afix my radar detector without having to play catch w/ it every time I hit a bump.

The rear directionals were lowered to below the bags & kept some semblance of the original style (they are supposed to mimic the exhaust).

I don't have to worry about the exhaust heat thanks to the millions of postings as to where to drill holes :capwin: so the crome stays relatively cool.

I get a lot of looks :shock: but did before I made any changes - just like you all did before you did what you did to your rides.

So, I like it :D and some people won't ~ but that's life. :roll:

Next I think I'll put some pin-striping on since I blew a wad doing the changes I just discribed. And as for tunes ... maybe this winter. Meanwhile ~ I got my CD player and ear-buds.

BTW I am sponcering a charity ride this Sunday morning to Crotched Mountain Rehab Center (where I used to work a few years ago) in Greenfield, NH if anyone out there is in this region and interested - email me.

Here's a couple of pics if you don't want to bother looking in the BBR photo Gallery ...

:D

Long posting but it had a couple of details people asked about. I found this site to be real helpful in finding information about things to do, avoid etc. So, I can blame some of this on you :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts