Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hispy05,

I keep a eye on e-bay and I just saw the deal of the century... a Rune in France with a starting bid of only $35.00 US and a Buy-It-Now price of $6,000.00...... I know you have been looking for a bike and this might just be a answer to your prayers. The e-bayer is not registered and he may only take cash / Western Union ... etc. but this should not be a problem as I am sure you could swing by and pick it up in person.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

·
Registered
534 Posts
Globalization

It´s a matter of globalization - as Hannibal has stressed on this board - even perhaps in the criminal industries ...

But Jacques (Hispy05) - lets hear what you find - and leave cash, creditcards and checkbook at home while investigating ...

As I remember you drive/ride an other flat six (Porsche), leave that at home, too - take the bicycle to look at "the goodie" ...and make sure you have paid your insurance for that, too... :idea:

·
Registered
347 Posts
MANY THx for watching for but...It's not on Ebay anymore this morning !

At in that kind of price range, I would hire body guards, and then go to have a look at it, anywhere in France ! or Europe
FYi, I requested 3 quotes and informations at 3 Californian Honda dealers on Cycloriders yesterday,and, todate not an answer...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looking on Ebay have seen a Rune at $ 9600 ....and most probably going up.
What would think about buying a Rune From Ebay ...being located in France ?
In fact at this point I am considering buying a California model for pollution purpose, possibly a used one, six months old and 4000 miles due to EEC regulation and taxe reason.
My other choice, a brand new one, best from California or already in Europe at a reasonable price..still not found !!
I am frustrated about this all homologation issue, I looking forward to Annibale homologation process coming soon now !!

·
Registered
692 Posts
the rune sold in france is a "SOLA" tipical name for a "drum"

that means a good business for who sells. :lol:

Jaques, j got the confirmation from Davide. on12th march we should open a bottle of champagne for two possibilities:
a) my rune plate
b) in memory of davide
:twisted:

ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ebay Runes

There are many reputable people on Ebay, im one of them. But there are many out to make a quik buck. If the deal is toooo good to be true, it probably is. DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING UNTIL YOU SEE IT IN PERSON, if they cannot understand, then they are trying to srcew you.
The runes on ebay are going for as much as you can get them from Real Honda Dealers. Just my 2 cents
JEFF

·
Registered
486 Posts
Come on now! I'm just a Midwest country boy and that wreaks of scam!
What legitamate Rune owner or dealership would put a price like that on a Rune unless it was a wrecked bike? NONE! :roll:
You don't have to be the ole Rocket Scientist to figure that one out!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.... Ok guys .... I was not serious about the e-bay bike. I looked on e-bay this morning and it had been pulled by e-bay. IMHO e-bay does a fairly good job of pulling the scammers off.

As a rule if a seller's feedback is not great ... the ad keeps bidders ID private... payment can not go through PayPal / CC ... or the deal looks to good to be true.... I stay away.

The other thing to watch out for is a highjacked ID .... look at past sold items and see if they match up to what you are looking at. If a seller past history was in Barbie Dolls and all of a sudden they are selling motorcycles ... contact the seller.

There is a Rune at 9600.00 on e-bay now ... the seller has (0) feedback, if you look the serial number is wrong, and payment is not specified...

I have e-bayed for years and have only had a couple of bad deals. The feedback system gives more info than I would have walking into a new store....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts