Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my bike a couple of weeks ago and the motor just quit on me. It would start briefly but acted like there was no fuel and I didn’t get that sound that you hear when you turn the key on. I got a generic fuel pump from Quantum fuel systems and it didn’t fix my problem so I took it to the stealership and they’ve also diagnosed it as the fuel pump but want to get a oem replacement at $635.00. There is 12 volts going to the fuel pump. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clarify and make sure I understand the problem correctly, and for a starting point...

Did you get the sound back of the fuel pump pressurizing the system AFTER you installed the generic fuel pump? IF not, I would verify that the new cheaper generic fuel pump actual works and is not just getting 12 volts to it. It happens from time to time that a new replacement part is bad from the start.

Did the bike show any codes? Or other symptoms?
I didn’t get the fuel pressurizing sound. That’s why I figured it was something else but you’re right the new pump could also be bad. Spending $635 for an oem pump doesn’t do it for me either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd tell them yes, IF they add in 100 gallons of free gas...:)

won't the place you purchased the first Quantum pump replace it?

You could also contact maratvl and see how his held up, he swapped his some time ago, to see if another Quantum pump is worth it...

Keep the board updated...

Thanks

edit:

While the new oem pump is costly, what with the Rune isn't. You stated you had the bike since new and this is the only problem? Plan on keeping it? If it was me, I would spend the money. While it cost, it's a Rune, and the first one held up for how long...

That's if you can get an OEM pump? maratvl wasn't able to get an OEM because they were out of stock---so he went with Quantum, is your Honda contact sure they can get one?
They want to get me one for $635. I did some research and found one for $499. What were the chances of the pump I got was bad also?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At the risk of repeating myself:
Yeah I saw his post and actually bought the same parts. For whatever reason it didn’t work and so I took the bike to the dealer. Yesterday I called the shop and told them I was going to pick up my bike this weekend since they were unable to get a stock fuel pump and to put my bike back together. This morning I get a call from them and to everyone’s surprise my bike is running and it’s running off the generic pump. Nobody has a clue as to why. It’s been sitting there all summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts