Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get either an OEM or aftermarket fuel sending unit for a 2005 Honda Rune?

I have the dreaded blinking gauge. The part is 37800-MEC-003.

I'd also take any hacks. Looks like its a rheostat with a resistance between 15 and 210 ohms...has anyone found one that's similar in hardware but has a different bracket that could be adapted?

Haven't found a dealership yet that has this part...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I can't find an image of the 37800-MEC-003, but if you have yours out, take a look at images from a 37800-SH3-003 to see if it's close enough to swap, or get parts from. Honda put that part # in their Civics, and probably elsewhere too. You might get lucky.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Ordered - should be here by next week - hopefully we can go through a process of elimination with this one :)
Here's wishing you luck that somehow, you can make this interchange. I know that other Honda car & bike throttle position sensors (TPS) will work instead of replacing entire throttle body assemblies on our Runes simply by modifying the wrong Honda part numbers' mounting portion and then using it to replace the Rune part number TPS, since it isn't sold separately, but as part of the whole throttle body assembly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any chance you were able to snag a few photos or have more details from your dealer?

Alex

I am back with good news! I snagged a used 04 cb600f fuel sending unit part number 37080-MBZ-K01 from Ebay and the techs at my Honda Motorsports dealership were able to use parts from my old sending unit to make this one work. My rune is running again. I know this will help those in need. Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts