Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please ''walk'' me thru the process for removing the fuel tank. I am trying to access the air filter box. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I guess you haven't received your service manual on cd yet?
If you give me a e-mail address I'll send you that section of the manual plus some helpful tips.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't actually remove my tank to get to the airbox, just lifted it up.

loosen the handlebars, and roll forward.

remove your seat.

Remove the speedometer (only 4 screws hold it on) and unplug the cable.

unscrew the two fuel tank mounting bolts inside the well left by removing the speedometer.

remove the chrome side covers (the ones over the fuel injectors, 3 bolts each side).

Remove the two trim clips at the base of the tank (uncovered by the seat. You must pull forward on the center post approx 1/4" on each clip, then remove the clip as a whole (resembles a rivot)

remove the trim covers (black plastic strips) that are on each side of the tank. (again, you must pull forward on the center post approx 1/4" on each clip, then remove the clip as a whole (resembles a rivot)

grasp the tank by the front end (where the speedometer was) and lift straight up. the tank will pivot at the rear, on the rubber mount.

now you have access to the airbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HogSlayer said:
I guess you haven't received your service manual on cd yet?
If you give me a e-mail address I'll send you that section of the manual plus some helpful tips.
I never did get a manual, paper or otherwise. I'm in Canada and that may be the reason. Any idea where I could get one for free??

Vince

·
Registered
852 Posts
Paper Owner's Manual

My bike didn't come with a paper manual when I purchased it. I told the if I was going to spent serious $$ for my Rune, they would have to give me a manual. They ordered me one (no charge to me) and it came in last Wednesday and I picked it up on Saturday.

I am assuming I will get the cd in the mail from Honda. Do you think my ussumption is correct? Thanks ..... Mike

·
Registered
852 Posts
Got my Package from Honda

When I got back yesterday from Key West my package with the CD had been delivered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts