Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I leave tomorrow for Ohio (HDL) to pick up my new Candy Black Cherry ABS GL1800 on Friday. HDL gave me a great deal on the bike, and the accessories purchased during the Memorial Day Sale couldn't be touched by any one else and the low labor cost to install all the stuff is just to good to pass up.

I will be riding the 2600+ miles back to California and picking up my fiancée in Denver. Yes I'm getting married next April to the woman I was going to convert my Rune into a 2 up bike for but decided I needed MY bike and we could have our bike. Unfortunately I'll most likely be selling the VTX, just don't have room in the garage for 2 cars (Acura TL, Infinity G35) and 3 motorcycles.

I was going to go to Homecoming but just couldn't make the schedule work for me, so its straight home starting Saturday.

Maybe I'll see you on the road during this trip.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its A 50 State Bike

Before anyone asks I had HDL check the emissions sticker on the bike and it conforms to the US EPA and CA. emissions requirements for 2005 vehicles for NOx and Hydrocarbons so registering it shouldn't be difficult but time consuming since I live in the great state of CA. where life is great but government well is government.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Steven,

Congrat's on all counts..... be careful putting the Wing next to the Rune .... there have been reports of them trying to mate ....

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
LOV2KRZ

Everybody gets a Wing but me and I’m envious.

Does this mean your sweet lady will not be coming to Florida so I can give her a ride on my Rune?

Congratulations :beer3: my friend and I wish you and the new CEO the very best.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Steven
Good luck on your new ride, Your gonna LOVETOKRUZE on it,It is some machine. I have 900 mi. on mine ( Black Cherry Rune Red ) I already have installed over a grand of options and I polished ( Not POLISHed ) the wheels where they look chrome like.
I could not believe how nimble it is.
And congrats with your S.O
Enjoy
Rich K( Rune, Wing, Val Ski )

·
Registered
534 Posts
What is it with Denver, CO ?

Steven,

- BTW : What is it with Denver, CO ? - Thats the second time within a few weeks I've heard of a Rune rider "picking up a girl" from Denver, CO, but this time it´s a West Coast rider, last time it was a East Coast rider, are they just particular pretty women, or is it coincidence, and who's next :?:

- Or :

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
The two Rune Riders, of whom you have referred, have local individual reputations so contemptible as to precede coupling with neighboring femininity.
Thus they must venture into the vast reaches of continent to search for companionship.

We can only hope for the best and offer our symphony to these unsuspecting women.

·
Registered
534 Posts
For Chuck

Chuck,

In Denmark we have a phrase : "Women come from Venus, men come from Mars" - I think perhaps You have a problem, my dear friend ...

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
I'm not sure if one of the Jersey Guys ( ME ) was one of the intended descriptions of Chucks slander :!:
Rich K ( Rune,Wing, Val Ski )

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Denver

Thanks to all for the good wishes for both Becky (that the woman, not CEO) whom I'm comitting the rest of myh life with and the Wing. I have just over 1650 miles on it with about 1100 more before I get home.

Its an awsome motorcycle and rides great. The only issue I've had is there was an air bubble/debris in the clutch master cylinder that was causing the clutch to slip. I had it repaired at Ikes Bikes in Richmond Indiana (who gave me a very hard time for disturbing their busy work schedule by not turning around and heading back to HDL in Shadyside Ohio) for what they said was not warranty but dealer prep. I will be talking to Honda when I get back home.

When I purchased the bike HDL was having there Memorial Day Sale so I have to admit that I added $3400 in accessory's from them, plus another $500 for the XM Radio Kit, Garmin Motorcycle Kit and Radar Detector mounting hardware). I have recieved lots of comliments from a lot of folks, both riders and not. This bike handles so much better than the VTX that I no longer have pangs of guilt for getting her ready for sale.

I will check back to the site after I get home to California.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts