Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The guy in that review seems like he might want to stick to cars. Not that I want to, but has anyone else done a wheelie on their Rune? I would think that rear fender would scrape the asphalt very easily. Can't be too easy to get a bike as long and heavy as ours off the ground.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hmmm, If the show off jumper really weighs 320 pounds, he might be able to shift the center of gravity to the rear. Even I have not achieved a light front wheel, except for jumping over railroad track humps.
Ken (36,200 miles)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think his handle " water boy" says volumes. The discription sounds more like he was on a mini bike ( can you picture 350# on a mini bike OUCH!!! )
And easy to fix, now we know nothing is easy with our beloved Rune.
I guess he didn't have anything better to do one lonely night by go online and tell tall tails.
Jack

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wheelies

I have had my front tire off the ground twice... both times by accident...First was pulling onto the highway from a parking lot heading slightly uphill (maybe 5 degree incline)...I ran the rev's up in 1st gear and popped it into second...Scared the devil out of me when I felt the front come slightly off the ground...backed off immediately...It felt like it was inches but it may have been cm's ...but it was off the ground... Second time I was in some sand and juiced it a bit to keep my momentum suddenly the sand ended and concrete began... the abrupt rise of the concrete combined with the accelaration caused the front to come up at least 6 to 8 inches...Again an accident and I was thankful to get it back down without losing it... I am sure some really good and experienced riders could get the front of the Rune up intentionally ...especially on an uphill.... but with the weight in the front I doubt it could be kept up more than a couple seconds.... :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this is a tall tale. Anyone ever see a bike "ghost ride for a mile" with no one in the saddle?
Funny story though.
:lol:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I always ride on my back tire

I ride on my back tire all the time. Of course, the front wheel is also on the ground. ..... Mike

·
Jersey Boy
2,854 Posts
Hi All
I can honestly say I had the front wheel off the ground about a foot several times. And that was in my garage. Of course the back wheel was also off the garage floor a foot too, not to mention that the engine and tranny were even higher. Then I lowered the jack carefully and brought my baby back down where it belongs :)
Sorry, :oops:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got the front wheel up on my GL1800 about three years ago at a drag strip. I didn't even notice it until it came back down. I think I only had it up maybe an inch or so! :lol: The wheelbase on the Rune is a little longer than the GW, I don't know if the Rune can even get it's front wheel off the ground??

I figure it would spin the back tire before lifting the front?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well you know MY Rune converts to a jet ski. I installed a serrated humistat
that assists in the conversion. Although I can't do the submarine maneuver with my exhaust drilled, the sound the Rune makes on the road and in the water is fantastic. I will have to ask Ken where the best place to install a bilge pump would be. My fondest regards ..... Sermon

·
Registered
852 Posts
Dear Kenneth,

Thank you, more than words can express for sharing your technical experience with me and the world of Rune riders. What I really appreciate are the photos that come along with the expertise. Just one question. Have you had personal experience with the water pump as shown in the photograph? Fondest and warmest regards. .... Mike

P.S. Does the recommended pump have a tendency to backfire?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.