Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking a look at what I think is either '02 or '03 Wing. The person has had it for sale since this past early summer. He wanted $16,000 for it back then( my buddy looked at it but did not buy it) he bought a new blue wing.
The used wing is the silver color with ABS, heated grips,spoiler,fog lts, and has approx 1,800 miles and is supposed to be in excellant cond. He now wants $14,000. I haven't seen it yet to make him an offer. I went to Kelly blue book and it is valued at approx. $12,800 if it is an '02
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Goldwing in your future

Rich:

You will not regret owning a Wing ... I still miss mine but couldn't afford to have 2 road bikes. They are so agressive and handle like a dream.

:yes:

Here's a shot of my old wing ('03) from last Oct. The kids hate my Rune for being a "solo seat~er" but I have a cure for that ill in the works). :D

Good luck w/ your negotiations! :money1:

Bring cash ~ its king.

NH Bill
8)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wing

It is important to know the exact year. It is also inportant to know Avg. retail - that's the one where if you bought it from a dealer the dealer gives you all the help getting things fixed and preped, there is avg wholesale which is what a dealer might give someone on trade in April, May, June or July but only if you were buying something from them (and they get you on both ends). :oops:

Add-ons you don't get squat for unless they are things like CD changers - bigger ticket items. You can / should ask why he is selling - you need to know if he has a warrentee beyond the regular 3 years and if it is an 02 the warrentee started the day he bought it ... so it might be just about up. Extended warrentees are great but not worth what a dealer charges (huge profit items) so only worth about 1/3 of what is remaining if they were to trade.

Add up all the plusses to the average trade # which is higher than the avg wholesale but don't pay avg retail. Go with a couple thousand in $20ies & $50ies :money1: to show you were really serious and be prepared to buy it (bill-o-sale) if it meets your $# (in your head). Drive it first :biker: and see if it tracks w/ no hands on the bars as it coasts down - mine did down to about 35 MPH in 5th gear when it had 4k miles on it. This should be a sweet bike if it hasn't had any problems. The first scheduled maint on this is at 3K but most good riders have the oil changed @ around 1000 miles to get the trash removed. There were frame cracks in '02s some in louisana some in the mid west ... ask if this is one of the ones on "the list" :wink: .

Don't be afraid to give him a lower # than he wants but something that is reasonable - and you can support. If you really want to force the issue bring along a friend :evil: who can be the one to point out all the scratches and flaws - this keeps you on good terms with the seller and your friend plays the bad :twisted: a##. Don't be afraid to walk away with a "think it over... here's my # ... I'm serious" nice kind of approach. :) Ask how many offers he has had. There are plenty of these out there now - in January.

Visit some wing web sites and get some $#s and print out the low ones to bring w/ you.

Just my 2 cents worth - it may be worth what it cost you ... good luck. Like I said in my last post - these bikes are fast, aggressive & nimble. I miss mine. Maybe, someday when I get some more $ ... :roll:

GOOD HUNTING! :D

NH Bill
8)

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet looking G.W,it's an '02. It had the recall for the cracked frame and the e.c module taken care of. I offered him $12,000. He said he would give it some thought.
I did bring a friend who IS a real estate appraiser ( I threw in AND motorcycle appraiser). In the line of conversation it was brought up what his line of work is.
Rich K( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
80 Posts
wing

Runeski

Good offer - good job - good luck! :D

You'll love it :wink:

NH Bill
8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Saw a great deal on Ebay.....

Rich,

......saw a 2003 Goldwing w/ low miles in mint condition and a "BUY NOW" price of 5K!!!! I saw it a few days ago and I went back this afternoon to locate it so I could forward you the URL. Unfortunately, it appears to be gone.

I know this has to really leave you feeling busted up, being such a sweet deal and all.

Kind of hurts me too, because if you had bought it I was going to forward you some more sweet deals on; some land just a smidgen below sea level off the California coast; an infrequently used span over the Spooey River; and a baseball signed by Yankee captain Thurman Munson the night before his tragic flight.........

Seriously though, can you ride a GW without thinking about your Rune? Reminds me a little of when I first got married but kept thinking about my old girlfriend.........................

·
Registered
80 Posts
thinking of old girlfriends?

That doesn't stop. :eek: 'till the memory starts to go... I think :wink:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Saw a great deal on Ebay.....

......saw a 2003 Goldwing w/ low miles in mint condition and a "BUY NOW" price of 5K!!!! I saw it a few days ago and I went back this afternoon to locate it so I could forward you the URL. Unfortunately, it appears to be gone.

I know this has to really leave you feeling busted up, being such a sweet deal and all.

Kind of hurts me too, because if you had bought it I was going to forward you some more sweet deals on; some land just a smidgen below sea level off the California coast; an infrequently used span over the Spooey River; and a baseball signed by Yankee captain Thurman Munson the night before his tragic flight.........
LOL You a funny man

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all,
Keep the comments coming, I love it. No he hasen't called back and now I don't expect him to. He wanted 16 K from last spring thru this fall. Then he dropped down to 14 K. I will keep looking for another deal like Firefit5 saw,DAMN I hate when I miss a deal like that :roll:
Thanks for lookin' out for me :!:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

G

·
wing for sale

Guess you missed my ad for an 03 non abs wing candy red f :p or sale or trade wing & cash for a rune. If interested it only has 6800 miles is not involved in frame recall. Ecm has been done just last week. Bike is compleatly stock except for kury triple exaust tips. It also has the 7 yr warranty my e mail is [email protected] THANKS RAY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts