Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POLISH. But after the accomplishments of Pope John Paul the II makes me even more proud to be polish. There will never be another man like him ever again. He was above human, now he is a Saint.
Rich Kochinski ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi Rich,

j wish to thank Polish for Pope Karol.
when He was elected j was disappointed to have a foreign Pope.
Now j am very happy for Him and would like that italians could be as Him.
one matter Rich,
Pope Karol is now Italian, we loved this Pope. He decided to remain in Rome, j do not know the reason of His wish as we know how He loved Polish. But j supposed that Pope more than italian is Roman and San Pietro is the house of Cristians and the Pope residence for the last 2.000 years.

J putted also a few lines in the italian board about, as j am sure He was also a biker, at least during His youngness.

ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
347 Posts
Pope

He sure was a great pope.
I just would have loved to see leaders of the world to respect his wisdom and advices...when he was still a live...
I know it's just politics, but I have some hard time when I looked at all the "managers" of the world paying tribute, when so many of then have being easer fighting him or looking the other way when he was urging to peace ,charity and wisdom...

·
Swamp Rat
6,991 Posts
One need not be Catholic to have admired John Paul; he was everybody’s Pope regardless of their persuasion.

Rich, as for your pride in your heritage no people have more justification than do the Poles. History has both blessed and cursed Poland and through all adversity the Polish people have persevered with strength and courage.

I grew up in a predominantly Polish Western Pennsylvania community. I even played Bass in a Polka Band. All my friends were and still are Polish. They served in the military, married their childhood sweethearts, raised families, contributed to their communities and have prospered. All good honest people that I’m proud to know, just like you RuneSki.

But I still hate Polkas!

·
Jersey Boy
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think everyone,as Chuck mentioned lost a wonderful leader. I know John Paul II did not pick certain people to love, he loved everyone. No matter who you were or where you came from. He even loved the man who tried to kill him.
I speak very little of my homeland language. Mostly what I picked up from my parents and relatives growing up as a child. I wished I had learned more.
I think we gained more than we lost from Pope Karol trying to lead the world to love one another.
Jankuar ( Thank you ) I hope I spelt that correctly.
Rich Kochinski ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
665 Posts
Amen

With his mere presence, he walked softly into Warsaw and drove a stake into the heart of Communism ....afterward, he walked softly out of Poland and into the hearts of all of us who until that time did not know what sort of man this John Paul II was. Although we would elevate him...he, like St Francis would rather serve than be served. A truly remarkable man. I'm Norweigian/ Lutheran.... there is a lot of pride in Poland and throughout terra firma regarding this man. There is a spirit very similar to his in ALL God's children... by that I mean..ALL

Ok back to ridin...:biker:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi

people of the board

ABEMUS PAPAM

cardinal Ratzinger.

he will have big big problems to compare at Pope Karol in the soul of people like me.

Rich, j know enought of what your country passed in the last 70 years.

We owe much to Pope Karol, not only for catholic questions. if we have the chance to meet we discuss a lot. still today difficult to write about and not only for disturbing the other board friends.
ciao
Hannibal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.