Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally blew a low beam bulb and guess what its Saturday night with no where to find a Honda dealer open. Is there a replacement bulb that can be found at a parts store, if so got the part number or interchangable auto make or something- need to ride Sunday-thanks for all the help could not do without the info found here
thanks Rune2U

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bulb

thanks for the help I sure it will
found it at auto zone an H7 exact factory specifications
$15.18 sylvania
sam-rune2u

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hmm. In a pinch: steal your high beam. It is the same. You must have bumpy roads! Mine are still original!
Ken (29,600 miles)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bulb Replacement

Would anybody respond if this brand and description would increase the brightness to my headlamp on my 05 Rune? These usually are $41 each. I found this site for the pair @ $69. AND..... do all H7's fit our bikes? Is our's a 3 prong bulb?
thanks MP

PIAA H7 Headlight Bulbs $69 for a pair.
Xtreme White Plus Two Bulb Set
PIAA® Brand
Item# 17655

·
Registered
91 Posts
headlights

thanks DAN for the feedback. I have the stock H7 headlamps and they suck at night. I can't even tell they're on. Is PIAA the only thing you recommend?
I wanted the motolights but the price tag at $500 was pretty steep. Guess they pay for themselves over time. I know they give you bulbs for life.
I found these are 2 prong headlamps:
Sylvania H7 SU BP TWIN SilverStar Ultra Headlight - Pack of 2 $36.00 The manufacturer says they are as bright as anything can be on the road. Better side view and 50% brighter than stock headlamps. MP

·
Registered
91 Posts
headlamp bulb advice

Thanks so much Dan for putting all this effort into answering my question. I can't believe these stock H7 bulbs don't do the job. They have that blue tinge to them. I never had any problem with my road king and that was with just the headlight and no spotlights running. If I flipped them on it was like daylight. I knew people could see me I felt safe.
I took my first night ride since getting the bike in November. I looked down at the road and could not see my lights on the road in front of me. I realized the other cars were lighting the road! I got ahead of them and saw the headlight all on it's own. It sucked. I ran with my brights on the way home. It only made a halo effect. I did not see any better.
I will upgrade to the extreme white for the headlamps. If that doesn't get it I'm going to bite the bullet for those motolights.
What did you do to your Rune with the double set of front turn lamps? What can you put in those turn signals if I get another set like yours? Do they act like flood lights? You should post what you did. I think every guy with a stock headlamp is running risky at night. Thank you again. MP

·
Registered
91 Posts
head light bulbs

Dan, I did get the rune used from the original owner. I can't imagine this guy changing out the bulbs and putting in something worse. I pulled out the blue ended H7"s and put in a pair of Sylvannia's extreme white. Already a big difference when I tried them in the garage. They ran a discount so they cost me $35 for the pair. I followed the manuals steps for removal and all went well. I will know how well they show tonight. Everybody's complaining about the cold weather here. It's in the 60's!! I just thank god everyday I'm here because at home right below Tahoe there's 3 feet of snow on the ground so nobody's riding anything on two wheels.
You put two sets of turn lights on the front of your bike. Are the top ones set up as spot lights? MP

·
Registered
91 Posts
Headlights

I took that night time ride with the new bulbs and I can tell you all they made a huge difference. The new one's are sylvannia H7 extreme white twin pak for $36. Those blue tinge bulbs don't hold a candle to the extreme white from any manufacturer.
I really want to see Pics on what your doing. I'm hoping your posts will show many of us how to add things to the electrical system like you mention in your last post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts