Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to introduce myself to the board. My name is John Henne and I'm in the NW corner New Jersey, the part of the state with trees and mountains (hills really). I'm a newbee to the RUNE not to riding, I got my first bike at 17, 31 years ago (Kawi 500 Mac-III, 56 points on my license in the first year :twisted: ) and have been riding ever since (many different bikes). I picked up my RUNE off of E-Bay for $19,100 with 540 miles on it. I don't know how anyone could own this bike and only put 540 miles on it???? I put more than that on in the first 2 days. I own a Fire Protection company so there is always time to ride. The wife and I have been together for 33 years, married 28 and are marrying off our daughter in Feb 05 in Fla. (a week on a cruse ship) then up to Daytona for Bike Week, we hope to meet up with other Rune riders when we're there. Well enough is enough, so if anyone is up in the NJ area and wants to run the back roads give me a yell and I'll show you the best ones in the area.
Later John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to have another Jersey guy around, although I don't make it up to the NW corner too often. I am central coastal area. Next time my buddies and I take a trip along the Delaware to High Point, I'll have to let ya know. Take it easy, J.I.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe we should have a Jersey ride with all of us. It would be awesome to see all our Runes riding down the road together. There may be a few accidents from the other drivers distracted by such a sight. :p

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A ride sounds good to me. Maybe to one of the Bike nights or even a Harley run :twisted: , though we should bring some towels so they can wipe up their drool. I run up to Hawks Nest (Port Jervis - NY) and stop at the look-outs on RT 97 on the week-ends, always a crowd there watching the Crouch Rockets running the twisties. Chatter Box (Rt 206 & Rt 15) has bike night on Thursdays. These are all up north so if there is something in the Bridgewater area (287 & 78 ) it would be more central for all of us. I'll keep my ears open for up coming rides in that area.
Later John

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
A flock of Runes

There are at least eight Runes in New Jersey.

The following is from The Rune Riders VIN List.

7 Listed in New Jersey

Egg Harbor 4-Sale 0081 Dealer 1HFSC53314A000081 IB RS S47
Garwood 08/20/03 1279 bkrbil 1HFSC53084A001279 BC FS S47
Howell 10/17/03 0099 gene BC RS CHR
Howell 10/16/03 0100 SixSki BC RS CHR
Manalapn 3/11/04 0033 Douyon BC NA NA
NA 11/18/03 1139 max 1HFSC53034A001139 IB FS S47
Somers Point 08/22/03 1021 97harley2 BK FS S47

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Chuck,
I almost gave up on getting back on the board, but I'm BACK. I finally sold enough covers to post bail :!: :!:
Now where abouts are you hiding out in South Jersey?
Long lost Rich ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
John,
Hi, sorry it took so long for me to reply to you post, I had computer problems.
WELCOME to the Rune family. Would like to meet up with you one day and go riding and B.S
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YO! J.I., Jeff, Rich How ya doin.....
A ride and BS sounds good to me, maybe somewhere central ( 287 & 78 ) to meet? The state is only 3hrs long and 1hr wide so we're not that far apart. Chuck are you in south Jersey or did you take a ride south to the Jersey Shore 8) and didn't stop until you hit water in Fla.? :oops:
Supposed to be 60 on Sunday, you all ready?
Later
John Rune#25

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Skibum,
Sorry. not me, not yet. My job requires me to work 3 weekends a month, this weekend being one of them. A few guys and myself are doing Skyline drive this coming Thurs. and Fri.
See you one day,
Rich ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
25 Posts
JerseyIllusion,

Welcome! I live in California, but am originally from Union, N.J. Graduated from Union High in 73. My first Bike was the Blue Streak -- 71 Kawasaki 500 Mach III. Small world. And, last week, I bought == the same bike in great condition. Where in Jersey are you?

MalibuRune

2004 Rune - Illusion Blue
2004 Rune - Candy Black Cherry
1992 BMW R1000GS - 2000 miles
1971 Kawasaki 500 Mach III
1993 Vespa Scooter

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MalibuRune,
I'm up in Blairstown NJ now, Exit 12 off Rt 80, near the Delware Water Gap. I went to Cranford HS-75. I had the red Kawi 500 until I lost my license for the 3rd time :cop2: and figgured the only way I wouldn't ride it was to put it in the basement and trear it down- extended front forks, bored out pistons :twisted: and paint job (called it - SPACER-with mushrooms on the side cover :lol: . I have found some old pics of it and hope to post them this weekend.
John - RUNE #25

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, I am back.

Where in South NJ are you? and welcome to the family. I have been off the board for a while, busy, busy, busy. but I am back.

Tom and Tom, expect a call from me. I visited Runski last week, and found myself drewling again, at some of your work. :D

Welcom, and yes, all us Garden State Rune Riders need to get together.

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yo Jersey Rune Riders
I'm ready to ride any time you all are. I definitely want to see your RUNEs and get some more ideas on what I'm going to buy next. I want to see how Runeski's side covers look in person. I've been loading up on Tom's stuff, love pointy things, keeps the kids away.
John Henne
Rune #25

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Hey all,
I will be on lay-off from Dec. 12th till Jan 17th. so I will have lots of time to ride ( or shovel snow ) will meet soon.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts