Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Administrator
Doing awesome, although I haven鈥檛 ridden in a few weeks. Ugghhhhh!!!!

-Ollie

Let's Geaux
2004 NRX18DB4 w/Chrome Wheels
I guess the RuneRiders Locator map is no longer relevant anymore... When I click on the icon I had on my desktop for the map, I get the generic web address for some advertiser.

Registered
Here in MO, it's DRY, VERY HOT, and DRY. Did I mention it's HOT & DRY? I manage to ride to work some, splitting that task between my three bikes. Shala's bikes are developing permanent cob webs. I'd be afraid to exercise them for her, for fear of getting a spider bite.

Gearing up to go over near the Tail of the Dragon, TN next month to join fellow Vmaxers for a ride. Sadly, that ride will include the spreading of ashes for a friend of mine from Indiana who died on that ride last year due to the sudden recurrence of medical conditions he'd been having earlier last year (mini strokes) the his Dr thought was under control. R.I.P. Bill (Bones) McNabney.

Rather than trailering one of my Vmaxes over, I may well ride my Rune over for that event instead....haven't committed to which bike I want yet.

Administrator
Here in MO, it's DRY, VERY HOT, and DRY. Did I mention it's HOT & DRY? I manage to ride to work some, splitting that task between my three bikes. Shala's bikes are developing permanent cob webs. I'd be afraid to exercise them for her, for fear of getting a spider bite.

Gearing up to go over near the Tail of the Dragon, TN next month to join fellow Vmaxers for a ride. Sadly, that ride will include the spreading of ashes for a friend of mine from Indiana who died on that ride last year due to the sudden recurrence of medical conditions he'd been having earlier last year (mini strokes) the his Dr thought was under control. R.I.P. Bill (Bones) McNabney.

Rather than trailering one of my Vmaxes over, I may well ride my Rune over for that event instead....haven't committed to which bike I want yet.
That's exactly why I sold Sherry's Rune. I couldn't justify having two of them.....with one sitting most of the time. Heck, I don't ride near as much as I once did.....but at least I do still ride occasionally. I can't even justify the 3 I have left. Probably one more................needs to go?

Registered
That's exactly why I sold Sherry's Rune. I couldn't justify having two of them.....with one sitting most of the time. Heck, I don't ride near as much as I once did.....but at least I do still ride occasionally. I can't even justify the 3 I have left. Probably one more................needs to go?
There is no justification for having even one bike and I don't think any justification is required to have more than 1 either. I have 5 bikes and I live in Canada where we can only ride 3-4 months/year. Sounds stupid to some, but then what do they know. For me bikes are an art form and I wish I could have one of each.

Registered
been busy at the lake. Like MO, AR has been dry and very hot. With the heat, outdoor activity is pretty limited ... fishing at 100 deg ain't fun ... so sitting in the houseboat with A/C units that barely keep you comfortable is "lake life" . That much led the better half to suggest that we give up the "half a year at the lake" idea. I concurred ... she mentioned it on the dock facebook group, and the houseboat and pontoon were sold in hours. Drove over there yesterday to sign over the titles and turn over the keys. Now I'm waiting for the cabin cruiser to get out of the shop and back in it's slip so I can hang a For Sale sign on it. The pundit who said "the two best days of a boat owners life are the day he buys, and the day he sells". While I enjoyed the water life, the old saying that a boat is a hole in the water you fill with money is too true.

So looks like the "half a year on the road" will expand. Just debating whether I'm going to put the bike lift back on the RV.

Back to the Rune world ... after I changed out the rear tire on the Goldwing, I got back to the Rune. Pulled the back wheel back off, popped the bead again, and got busy polishing, brushing and cleaning and vacuuming. I thought I might have to resort to epoxy, but it appears that the polishing did the trick. Doesn't look pretty with some of the chrome worn off, but it's inside the rim, so who cares. It's now held air for 2 weeks, and I have some time since I'm batching it for a couple of weeks ... so I'll test the tire by running the Talemena Trail over the weekend. And it looks like rain for a good part of next week, so I can take my time working in the shop detailing the bikes. I won't advertise that because it would shock most people who know me and have never seen me with a shiny bike.

Registered
There is no justification for having even one bike and I don't think any justification is required to have more than 1 either. I have 5 bikes and I live in Canada where we can only ride 3-4 months/year. Sounds stupid to some, but then what do they know. For me bikes are an art form and I wish I could have one of each.
Besides my Rune, I also have an Indian Chieftain and an AC Cobra. I recently was looking at a鈥73 Norton Commando but my wife reminded me that I only have one rear end, 3 toys, 4 months to play and a divorce will be expensive. She loves me really.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts