Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you brave lads, who have drilled into the mufflers,I finally have everything I need to operate,however I need some advice,I remember that Ken after drilling on the kickstand side that he had drilled in such a way that now he has a multi colored lickstand,I would like to avoid this if possible,so what I am asking is there any of you that have drilled into the muffler on the kickstand side & drilled in a location where you are not having the same problem if so could you please tell me where that is,I know there is not to much area that we can drill on that side.But I remember that there were a few who were able to avoid the problem. Pics would be best if possible or measurements would be helpful as well,how many inches from the bolt that holds the chrome cover etc.
I appreciate all of your imput & knowledge.
Brent

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeff, thanks for the great pics, just one question OK maybe two,1st from what angal was the pic taken of the kickstand side & 2nd on the other muffler do you get any soot comming from underneith and collecting on the sides of the chrome muffler sheild,reason I ask is there is a larger cutting area on the right & it looks like you could have cut even lower/ down further on the muffler towards the ground,I hope that makes sence. Thanks again.
Brent

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff ,thanks for the info,looking forward to the mod. perhaps this weekend if i get the chance.
Brent

·
Registered
71 Posts
Plugs

Has anyone installed the exhaust plugs and then removed them several times? How do you thread the holes for them so they won't work their way out?

Thanks....

·
Registered
109 Posts
These are the plugs

These are the plugs I was talking about. They are called 'conduit plugs' and they are in the 'electrical' section of Home Cheapo. The 3/4" plugs work great in the 1-1/8" holes, they are very tight. They were originally all silver(galv) but I painted them, with high temp black, to match the underside of the bike. I do not know how well they hold up, as I don't use them. I thought I would need them going through state inspection, but they passed me without them.
JEFF

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like this will be my first mod to my new baby. Got the cycle lift and lift adapter ordered. (Thanks for the guidance!!) I do want a meaner sound and this looks like the ticket. Cheers!!

:lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
A Wolverine

If you ever bring that monster to da UP let me know so we can get together and ride a bit...It will be a first to have 2 Runes in the UP at the same time....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts