Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you all!

I currently have a 2001 1800 GL and have been looking for a Rune for a while and was wondering if this one on Ebay was a good deal w/ all of the extra chrome. I tried to find out what it was all worth in addition to the bike, but could find pricing on the chrome accessories.
Also, is it safe to have a DUAL seat on this bike? Was it ever intended to be a 2 person ride?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Va ... 7068QQrdZ1

What is a good price for an 04 Rune?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
317 Posts
First thing I'd do is talk to your local dealer to see if he has a new one for sale. Honda has some "incentives" for new Runes that have been on the floor for a while.

Remember that accessories are resale priced at a fraction of new, but the custom seat and the passenger floor boards (RIVCO) weren't cheap. Only other things I see is the Corbin wind vest (not my cup of tea) and some chrome caliper covers. MAYBE $3K new, but not used.

I just bought a used (320 miles) with chrome wheel option, some chrome accessories, and paid under $21k.

See what your dealer is wanting for a new one first.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What's that ? - a vehicle ?

Falcon Wing,

Welcome to the Board :D :!:

- Can You explain a bit about that - hmm - I don't know what it is called - device/vehicle that You have in Your driveway :?: Is it a car or is it a bike (with training wheels) - I assume it can't fly :?: The only similarity to my car is the colour and the number of wheels - I don't see any license plate on it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi Falcon
the best reply for riding in two cames from my experience due to the possibility of riding at fast speed in europe.

j built a dual seat and a couple of passenger pegs. the top perfomance riding was in germany as passenger my wife. the total weight of me and my wife is around 340 pounds. the box is on the rear of the back fender and its weight was approximately 30 pounds. we started in the morning and we arrived home late evening after 1.050 km. the maximum speed was on the german highway, one hour between 180 and 200 km. we crossed austria near the swiss border with around 400 km of normal road into mountains and pass. the speed on mountains and normal roads was a tourism speed
the Rune is excellent (for a so heavvy bike) no problems with breaks and turns. and for overpassing cars on the road yaabadahhhhh you have all the power you need and more.

but lissen - j tested my rune with the same dual seat having as passenger the husband of my daughter, our total weight was 390. j rided in the arounds, the controll of the rune started to be difficult in turns and the break sistem was not so efficent.

ciao from italy
hannibal

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What's that ? - a vehicle ?

John DK said:
Falcon Wing,

Welcome to the Board :D :!:

- Can You explain a bit about that - hmm - I don't know what it is called - device/vehicle that You have in Your driveway :?: Is it a car or is it a bike (with training wheels) - I assume it can't fly :?: The only similarity to my car is the colour and the number of wheels - I don't see any license plate on it.
Gladly! It is called a Pulse/Litestar/Autocycle and was built by the Owosso Motorcompany from about 1983 to 1990, only 347 were built and mine is #199. It was designed by Jim Bede, who is known for building the BD5 personal jet airplane kit.
The Pulse was intended to be a high milage commuter vehicle with some of them getting close to 100mpg. My Pulse has had a motorswap from a 400cc aircooled, to a 2001 ZX7R watercooled motor, 125hp, capable of 130mph +. Milage with this motor is about 50+. It is street legal (see the rest of the pics and you will see the license plate) and is licensed as a motorcycle and you must have a motorcycle license to drive one.
If you want to know more, try the following web pages:
http://www.autocycles.org/
http://www.picturetrail.com/pulse199
http://www.picturetrail.com/falconwing

It is a very FUN vehicle and gets more attention than a Ferrari!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts