Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My Dunlop front tire whines when I lean over (the grooves are then sideways and sing).

What kind of oil are you running? My tranny whine went down when I switched to synthetic oil (Amsoil 10-40 Motorcycle)

Now the only whining I hear is when I park at the Harley dealer to get accoutrements (Honda has lousy merchandising: my helmet, gloves, cigarette case, boots, all say Harley....) when the HOG owners see what they are missing they whine about it. Ken (10,400 miles)

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
My RUNE has the very high-pitched whine also. It's not the tires or brakes the whine is there even when I'm stopped. I have only 2000 miles on it (only had it since Oct 1). Has anyone else have this noise and if so what causes it? Cure?
Does anyone know what the Vin#s where on the bikes that have had Alt. trouble? If Honda had some bad castings then the Runes from that run should be on the look out for the same problem.
John Henne
Rune #25

·
Registered
385 Posts
Skibum said:
My RUNE has the very high-pitched whine also. It's not the tires or brakes the whine is there even when I'm stopped. I have only 2000 miles on it (only had it since Oct 1). Has anyone else have this noise and if so what causes it? Cure?
Does anyone know what the Vin#s where on the bikes that have had Alt. trouble? If Honda had some bad castings then the Runes from that run should be on the look out for the same problem.
John Henne
Rune #25
The whine you describe is normal it can clearly be heard on the rune web under ignition so I wouldn't worry.
http://powersports.honda.com/rune/
What is making the whine noise? haven't given it much thought myself.
Todd

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Guys,
My friends '03 wing had a whine that turned into a growl. He had 28,000 miles and had the altenator replaced under warranty. That solved his problem. Hope this helps
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts