Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for the elusive "X" style highway peg brackets. No luck on most online bike supply retailers. I'm almost certain someone here has these installed and can point me in the right direction. My legs can only do so many hours folded up.... 馃槀

Registered
I believe those were made and sold only through Rivco. You might give them a call to see if they have an unadvertised set lying around in their warehouse by miracle. Or hope that someone here is willing to part with an extra set.

Rivco (888) 801-8222

The wife & I use ours all the time. They were a huge help in making our Runes into long distance bikes.
Between the hwy pegs, vacuum operated cruise control, and trailer hitch, I can now (almost) climb back onto the rear seat and take a nap on the longer excursions. lol

Administrator
i just checked....and you CAN send PMs....so it has to be something on your end....or "user error"..... But you can definitely send a PM (conversation/message) to ANYONE on this board.......

Administrator
You should contact RIVCO and see if they would even do a run of 10 and what it would cost. It's been so long since they sold these, I have no idea what the price used to be (I have one set on my current bike, had a set on my wife's Rune that got sold, hell, I might even have a set laying around someone donated as a prize long ago? I'd have to dig through my inventory)....or what it would cost now all these years later? Rich from RIVCO was always good to work with. He's the owner. I'd start with asking them if they'd even be interested in doing a run and if so, how many would it take.

I suspect it WOULD most likely (if they're even interested) take someone buying a guaranteed number to make it happen, because in the past....we'd take a survey on here....and of course, LOTS of people said yes in the survey...which had no monetary commitment. But when it came time to "put their money where their mouth is", MANY backed out.....and they didn't sell. That left vendors with a kind of bad taste in their mouth. In fact, I think on another run, if I remember right (for some of us, we've been on here on this board almost TWO DECADES now), on a second run, I think RIVCO wanted money up front and once there were enough orders with ACTUAL MONEY committed, they would do a run? Don't remember if that run happened or not? Again, 20 years of activity on here....a lot of stuff comes and goes...and my memory fades a bit with age! The first Runes came out in July of 2003 (got mine in August of 2003, dang....it's 19 years old now!). This board was created (an earlier version of it) back in September or October of 2002 shortly after Charlie Keller (then Director of Honda America) announced at the 2002 Honda Valkyrie InZane rally at Zanesville, Ohio in June of that year that Honda would be making this marvelous new bike called a Rune in the upcoming year. Lamont Bryden (Lamonster) started the board to keep interested folks up to speed on development of this crazy wild new idea of a bike. But.........................I digress...........................

That pattern of folks saying they will buy something, and then backing out, has been repeated on this board over and over and over the past many years. People saying they'd buy Rune calendars. People saying they'd buy Rune shirts. People saying they'd buy RIVCO riding pegs, etc, etc. It's quite a bit of a list, unfortunately. And time after time, when it came time to put their money up, there were a lot of reasons (I call them excuses) why suddenly, they wouldn't buy what they said they would. So quite a few vendors got cold feet. I was directly involved in setting up several of those endeavors, and got egg on my face for trying to put buys/builds together as a FAVOR to folks on this board, using my connections to persuade vendors to make it happen. That's why I WILL NOT get involved anymore. I used to call folks like Rich....I've not only done LOTS of face time with him at events I went to every year.....and got prizes for many rallies and events from him in the past, but I've even gone to his place in Wisconsin and done lunch with him in the past. I knew him pretty well back in the day. Along with lots of other vendors like Tom of Ultimate Machining (custom parts water jetted for the Rune), Honda DirectLine (Hal Greenlee), CAT (shirts and calendars and printed items), Boogie Lights, Lamonster (he made custom parts for Valkyries, CanAm Spyders, Boss Hoss, etc, as well as sponsoring this board). But after getting burned multiple times, I'm like some of these vendors....I hesitate to get involved anymore.

You know, fool me once........................etc, etc. But I do wish you guys luck in your endeavor and maybe with some persistence, perhaps it will pay off? It would start by contacting the actual vendor in question and asking the big question....are they interested in doing a run again.............

Hope this helps and gives you some insight into the past concerning this item and others like it...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts