Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting a little tired of hearing that company's are working on Highway Pegs for the Rune & seeing no result,nada,zippo,zilch, so I have taken it upon my self to higher a metal fabricator to make the darn things, a simple design that will accomidate some after market pegs but will work best with Kuryaken ISO Pegs, he will be coming to my home this Saturday Feb 12th and will be working on a templet for the clamps. It more than likely will be a two piece clamp that will bolt to the inside of the bar to it's self, not damaging the bar what so ever & being as unsightly as possible and then when you attach the peg to both pieces this will secure it completly,that may not be the best way to describe it but until the first clamps are made and I have pics available it will have to do. Please to the business's that are a big part of this board don't be insulted but there are alot of us big & taller guy's & gal's that if we are going to continue to ride this bike over an extended peirod of time we need to have another place to put our feet. Yes I am aware that Rivco as a highway pegs that attaches like a star fish to the valve cover, and if this plan that I am working on does not pan out I two maybe calling them,but I think there is a better way,we shall see. I will keep those that are interested informed.
Brent

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please keep us informed. I just got a set of the Revco ones and they are not that bad in fact I sure like the fact I can stretch out a little.

Adrian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Brent, I'll bet we are all interested in the type your are discribing. Thanks and please keep us informed. Ed

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update On Highwaypegs

Hi all, well as promised here's a quick update,I had the metal fabricator stop by to day taking all of the measurments needed to make the clamps,if you are familiar with Kuryakyn's Magnum Quick Clamp it will very close in design to that although the one for the Rune will be a 1/4 to 1/2 inch wider for securing & of course looks, both are major factors,we want it to be functional but it also has to look good on the bike as I'm sure it will,I will keep you posted as I get more info.
Brent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts