Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just picked up a 04 Rune in Illusion blue color, It came with just one key, I am looking for the HISS harness wire to program the blank key. If anyone has one that they would want to sell, please let me know. I am located in Vancouver Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Manu

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pricey little bastages, aren't they. Nearly $100 bucks, but then, nothing for a Rune is cheap, give or take a replacement lightbulb.

I recently ordered mine from partzilla.com I figured with two Runes in the garage, I should have had this 'tool' a long time ago, but especially so now that I've gotten the dreaded FI light and am going to replace the ECM.

07AMZ-MECA100

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered one from Partzilla, my order went through but the Harness and the Blank keys are not showing in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
When I pull it back up at Partzilla, the harness says "ships in 2 to 3 days. Expected in stock May 19 - 20." Your results may vary based upon where you are located.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on acquiring, without question, the rarest, most attractive and fastest Rune model!
I think I have such cable but I'm 300 Kms from you. I'm pretty sure another RuneRider in Surrey has one.
If he hasn't said anything by the time you get the keys, let me know...

skip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome and congratulations on acquiring, without question, the rarest, most attractive and fastest Rune model!
I think I have such cable but I'm 300 Kms from you. I'm pretty sure another RuneRider in Surrey has one.
If he hasn't said anything by the time you get the keys, let me know...

skip
Thanks Skip, I am quite excited about the bike. Good to know there is fellow rune owner in Surrey.
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is now "ships in 2 to 3 days. Expected in stock May 20 - 23."
for both harness/cable and keys

MO Rune Rider: member Everett has posted in the past (not long ago) he has one (the cable/harness) and he is in your part of the country.

The old saying it's on a slow boat from China (Japan in this case) is in play.
Thank you, Though my order with Partzilla still reads expected to ship between May19-21, hoping they somehow get the harness n blank keys from Honda.

·
Registered
360 Posts
🐰

Reactions: #1RoadDrifter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
expected in stock date now May 23-24...

which key blank do you need? No1 (A/B) or No2 (C/D)? I know of a place that buys up NOS parts for motorcycles that SHOWS (would need to verify) it has one NOS Rune key?
Hi, Thanks for your help. I am looking for blank key type A/B.

·
Registered
360 Posts
🐰

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the partzilla order for key blank(s) doesn't happen and you need an option.

Ebay (US) put in the key part number for No.1 or A/B key blank which is 35121-MEC-811, a place in Greenville, Texas (Louis Powersports) comes up as having them available

If you use the other number for a No.2 or C/D key it shows they have them as well

You need to use the key part number, because for some reason they don't list them as Honda Rune in the title, however below in their ad it shows the bike it fits or the Rune.

Two things,
1. don't know if they ship out of the USA
2. I've passed this info on to another Rune owner (out side of this board) looking for keys as well that I'm helping with adding in keys
Thank you so much for your help, I got an email from Partzilla stating the new estimated date of parts arrival from honda has moved to 24th May, I think I will order on from the eBay as well. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
360 Posts
(y)

·
Let's Geaux
2004 NRX18DB4 w/Chrome Wheels
985 Posts
I can make the harness if anyone wants one but I need to source the materials first before quoting a price...
Reply HERE if you want one... -or- send me an email.
-Rod

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can make the harness if anyone wants one but I need to source the materials first before quoting a price...
Reply HERE if you want one... -or- send me an email.
-Rod
Sorry for the delayed response, I was away for the long weekend. Thanks so much for offering to help me, I came back today to an email from ParTwila that they have shipped my order with HISS harness, blank keys and couple of other items. Thanks, I really appreciate your offer to help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts