Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two pictures of my home made lift plate. Made from 3/4 plywood 9" x 24 1/2". There is a 5 1/2" piece of 2 x4 one one end with plywood cut to match on one end that are fastened into placed. 2 pieces of rubber 2" on the other end 6" long with a 2" gap in the center. The first 2 pieces of rubber are contact cemented on but we're 1/8" to short, so I cut a piece of auto heater hose to raise it another 1/8" for a total of 1/2" tall. I initially contact cemented the heater hose on but because it was a hose to start with, it would not lay flat with the glue so I added staples. It is positioned on the bike with the 5 1/2", 2x4 centered on the rear shock brackets, flush against the upright shock assembly. The rubber strips straddle the keel shaped engine. I put a screw to mark each side where the hole for the pin would go (as on the other lift plates that were made of metal). I cut a piece of all thread for a pin that I place a 1/2" nut underneath to rest on the plywood for extra support. I bought an OTC 1500 Stinger motorcycle lift from Amazon that I am very happy with, it had the lowest starting lift height that I found, price was reasonable at $187.
When lifting the bike I have the jack positioned on the right side with the plywood plate as noted earlier held in place with one hand and I pull the jack so the rear lift arm of the jack just over laps the rear piece of the 2x4 by a 1/2" or so. I initially have the kick stand on a piece of 2x4 to level the bike somewhat. I then insert the all thread pin and position the two 1/2" nuts between the pin and plywood. I lift the jack while holding on to the right handle bar. I have changed both the front and rear tire so far and is quite stable. Side note I mounted a Dunlop Mutant tire on the rear (OEM size) and very pleased with it. I hope this is helpful to someone, photos below. Will give more info if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if you have seen the QuickJack 7000TL. I bought this Hydraulic Jack at Costco fo $1450.00 on sale. I service my car as well (See Below) as my motorcycles. It can lift vehicles up to 7000lbs and has a motorcycle platform that fits on top. I made my motorcycle platform for a lot less than one you can buy already built. Locks in the front wheel and your ready to go. Take the platform off and slide the jacks under your car. Took me 1.5 hours to put together and is steady as a rock. All Hydraulic, plugs into the wall. Go to youtube.com and take a look. It has a 70" frame length and lifts 39" high. The Miata below has wheels that are 72" apart and the jack slides in perfectly. The car doesn't move at all, and I mean not at all. When I'm done I lean the two jacks against the wall.

Font Automotive exterior Rectangle Technology Auto part
've see
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts