Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evry body
Even if, French admistration, Honda Europe and Honda France are trying to tell me ,not to think about importing this baby...I still wish to try !

First critical question was Horse power (106 HP Max in france ) or 75KW, could some one provide me with this information? Is this availble from the manual or some kind of document coming with the bike from Honda ?
Question was also related to where this power was mesured from...gear box output axle, or from the weel...
Many Thx

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to Cycle World Nov 04: 97.0 BHP or Brake Horsepower
Often road test magazines will list horsepower as "bhp". This is just another way to talk about SAE net horsepower. This is the standard on which current American ratings are based. This rating is measured at the flywheel, on an engine dyno, but the engine is tested with all accessories installed, including a full exhaust system, all pumps, the alternator, the starter, and emissions controls

97 BHP = 98.34 DIN HP or 72.33KW

Rider mag, October 2003: Max power 96.3 on the Dyno
Motorcycle Cruiser October 2003: 90.6 HP

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rune Horsepower for France

Hi All,

In the UK, we have to have our machines tested for our government's 'Type Approval' scheme.

Whilst the Rune is listed on the original Honda US titles as 118 hp, the calculated power output for the UK is 75 KW max, around 96/98 bhp.

I hope this helps?

Regards,

Seb.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HP output look within the limit

Thx for the information.
It does reflect couple of information I already received on the Tech board, such as Dynograph. I do start to be confident. Hopefully, I may not have to implement any kind of power limitior on the bike.
I am still pusle by the pollution control. I can't manage to get any figure for the bike....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Pollution figures for the Rune

Jacgues,

- Perhaps one the CA guys on the Board would trade the costs of a smog test - delivering the test data to you - on a totally stock Rune (regarding the engine and exhaust etc) for some bottles of fine french red wine, armanaq or cognac delivered by FedeX ? Why should only SiteData be tradin´goods or goodies :pepper1: with Board members not knowing what he´s gettin´ ? :) - just an idea .... :wink:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had to have an emmissions test for UK importation. Here's the results I was given. I believe they are based on European standards.
Quote:-

NATURAL IDLE TEST:

CO % VOL, Limit = 4.50, Actual Value = 0.28 =PASS

HC ppm VOL, Limit = 1200, Actual Values = 133 =PASS

As you can see the actual values are WAY BELOW!!!!!! the limits. You should have no trouble importing to Europe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts