Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. :attention: FIRST....my disclaimer. This first piece of information comes via American Honda Reps....and we all know, they are as knowledgable...and TRUSTWORTHY....as a Politician. Nuff said!

That said, when asked about any :new: 05 or 06 Runes....2 out of 3 said the SAME thing....which was....NO....there won't be any :no1: . you can still get old leftover 04 models....or POSSIBLY get them to make you an 04 model if they have enough demand....but no 05....no new models. Oh yea, they knew nothing about any new Valkyries down the road either. The third guy said he had worked for Honda 13 years, and that they tell the Reps NOTHING...or what they do tell them, is usually BS. Then he summed it up by saying he'd know what Honda was going to do....when Honda SHOWED us all something. Well put. I told him about the rumors here on the board, and he said don't believe anything you hear or see.....until you see something actually produced. i just nodded my head and said AMEN brother, AMEN.

But....one thing i did notice....was that the Black RUne on display (i believer serial number 329) had something just a LITTLE different on the rear fender. The Honda emblem on the rear was done with the little raised chrome letters....like the ones on our side covers, INSTEAD of the decal all of us had. Subtle....but a bit different? Could this be the mystical 05 model with "new" graphics??? :oops:

2. Again....from Honda....REGARDING THE BIG BLACK SMOKE problem....they apparently know about it. And, in fact, the Honda Rep said it looks like the SAME exact problem the new 600 sport bikes have been experiencing. So far, on them, it has also been a limited number. But....the first ones to experince it (he said the symptoms and probable cause were IDENTICAL to our possible problem)...on the 600s....some took up to THREE MONTHS before they got the RIGHT cure! They kept trying everything BUT the TPS. Honda said they had some real PO'ed customers :cus: . I can imagine. So...this isn't the first time this has happened for Honda apparently for this problem!

3. From Avon, talked to that Rep...and he said Avon has absolutely NO intention of making any tires for the Rune. Too limited of production. He said they have been getting quite a few emails from some Rune owners on some web site (gee....wonder who that could be :wink: ) asking for them to make a tire. But he said it just isn't in the cards. Sorry!

4. And finally, from Pitbull lifts....same answer. They said they have absolutely no intention of making an adapter for the RUne. They said not enough bikes to warrant design and production....and difficult due to the design of the bike and the fact there is no good point to lift on underneath. Again, sorry!

That's it for my report. Saw lots of people taking photos of the Rune on display..and talking about it....and ooohin and aaahing over it :bow1: ....STILL ....even today! I felt proud to be the owner of one (ok, two)...knowing i STILL have one of the finest bikes made :1st: ...even if mine is a bit down with a touch of the BBS "flu" right now :?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Atlanta

Red Valk

Great update on the show! :clap2:

When I asked my old boss (Honda dealer / manager for a lot of years) about having '05s he said "Definately gonna be more Runes" but he didn't know how many or any other details.

Here a pic of him trying to find where you open the seat to find the manual a week after I picked up my bike last Nov. so ... take it from there what they tell dealers. (We eventually found the keyway by looking at the parts microfeache!)

It 's good to have Honda admit to knowing how to fix the smoke problem :) Any idea how long yours will be out-of-action?

NH Bill
8)

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea....the Atlanta show doesn't have too many vendors. I just go for the social aspect of it....not so much for the show itself. I also go to ask questions like the ones above!

On my bike and the BBS thing....dealer is closed today and Monday...open again Tuesday. Tuesday will mark ONE WEEK they have had it....and so far....NOTHING has been said to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even really looked at it yet!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. Rode my Valk today (with the wife on her Rune)...weather was sunny and 70...good day for a ride! at least i have some other bikes i can ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts