Rune Rider Forums banner

Current ownership of motorbikes including scooters, dirt, trikes or whatever you want

• Currently bikeless

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 15 19.7%

Votes: 25 32.9%

Votes: 17 22.4%

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 5 6.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 5 6.6%
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I have 3 bike's.

the best is my 05 Rune the blue one = the fastest one :yes:
the white GL1800 wing with hannigan GTL side car 06
the dark red GL1800 CSC Cobra trike 05

the white one is for sale, my garage is not that big......:coffee1:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Came from Corbin, and it is NOT functional.
Thanks for the info chuck. I won't bother with it then. I removed the drivers backrest due to the fact that it only got in the way when i swung my short leg over the seat...Didn't do anything else for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts

My four

1 Cafe 1972 barn find cb 500
2 VTX 1800 f bough new
3 hayabusa bought totaled on 3 pallets
4 my rune bought with heavy corrosion damage

all pics are current

·
Registered
520 Posts
Big bad:
I gotta tell ya, I've seen Runes in better shape....:lol:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That back rest is for a Goldwing. And they do adjust forward..
Maybe Chuck can have mechanic show him how when he is taping on his bar ends lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have my Rune and my 1988 Gold Wing which I have had since new. I am waiting to see what the next model change brings and then maybe trade in my Wing:biker:

·
Registered
399 Posts
SteveC;

Steve, those backrests have a threaded hole on the bottom of the square shaft to retain them.
Thanks, unfortunately I knew that, I was lazy. Switched the backrest from another seat, didn't lock it in. I thought the cords would put horizontal stress on the backrest, but it still worked loose. Expensive lesson learned.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have my Rune and my 1988 Gold Wing which I have had since new. I am waiting to see what the next model change brings and then maybe trade in my Wing:biker:
I hear you on the Wing upgrade, just hard to let my first new Wing go since it was my dream bike. We'll see what they do next but not enough of a change to jump.

04 Rune, 96 Wing and 09 Raider S.

I also hear where the guys are coming from on their enjoyment with the Strat. It wouldn't take too much to push me over the edge to consider that route versus another Wing. Hadn't thought about getting another V-twin but once I twisted the throttle on the Yamaha 1900, it was just a matter of time. Not many V-twin cruisers that will hang with or pass the Rune and the two are so closely matched it would be up to the rider to make the difference. Man I love the choices we have today!!!:yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
With 47 of us responding, the mean average is 2.74 with the median and mode being 2.

That is with the assumption that the one person reporting nine or more bikes is nine and not more. For anyone who has or will report nine or more, please let me know how many bikes you do own and I'll calcuate the average. (I realize that I may be the only one who cares about these statistical measures).

I wonder where I can get another 1.74 motorcycles?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
94 1500 Goldwing - Black
2004 Valkyrie Rune - CBC
2007 Rebel 250 - Black (Katie has it up for sale) w/45 actual miles.)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have 1.74 04 Runes
1 96 Shadow 1100
1 96 Yammy XT350

Does that make me xtra mean?

I guess I will vote 3... or should I vote 4 to include the Segway? :a13:

skip

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Does that make me xtra mean?

I guess I will vote 3... or should I vote 4 to include the Segway? :a13:

skip
Skip,

Technically 1.74 is the weighted mean. How many kg do you weigh? I would think at some point your weight would qualify you to be "extra"

You decide whether the Segway is included in the poll totals; it's all about rider choice, right?

Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
My other bike is a vibrant and noisy HD Ultra Classic Electra Glide :a13:

·
Registered
48 Posts
my rides

Here are my 3 rides:
2001 Black & Champagne Valkyrie Interstate 40,000 miles

1999 Black Valkyrie Interstate 90,000 miles

2004 DCB Rune 2900 miles

I've only had the Rune since last fall and bought it with 1800 miles on it.I can see that mileage figure going up rapidly now that warm weather has finally got here. 8)

I guess you could say I'm kind of partial to the Valkyries too.I've owned 18 of them since 2001. :grin:

·
Jersey Boy
2,773 Posts
??????? Chuck have something FUNCTIONAL ???????,
I Don't think he knows the meaning of the word , or be able to control something, FUNCTIONAL !!
Rich K ( RuneSki ) Look out :duck:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
SteveC;
Thanks, unfortunately I knew that, I was lazy. Switched the backrest from another seat, didn't lock it in. I thought the cords would put horizontal stress on the backrest, but it still worked loose. Expensive lesson learned.
Sorry I poured salt on your wound..:)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts