Rune Rider Forums banner

Current ownership of motorbikes including scooters, dirt, trikes or whatever you want

• Currently bikeless

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 15 19.7%

Votes: 25 32.9%

Votes: 17 22.4%

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 5 6.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 5 6.6%
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
Here are my 3 rides:
2001 Black & Champagne Valkyrie Interstate 40,000 miles

1999 Black Valkyrie Interstate 90,000 miles

2004 DCB Rune 2900 miles

I've only had the Rune since last fall and bought it with 1800 miles on it.I can see that mileage figure going up rapidly now that warm weather has finally got here. 8)

I guess you could say I'm kind of partial to the Valkyries too.I've owned 18 of them since 2001. :grin:
Lookin' at that picture of you Dana, i figure you're a pretty little fellar', eh? ;-)

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
Tim,

There is a reason I don't venture into the woods of Bama:eek:4:
eh....actually, it was a tongue in cheek joke with Dana about him being LITTLE.........:twisted:

that chair makes him look pretty tiny................but................he's not THAT tiny........:lol:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
five
'03 Silverwing ABS
'04 VTX1800C
'04 Rune
'09 GL1800 ABS

one is a <gasp> non-Honda - Kawasaki KLX300R enduro

I guess six (6) if I ever find time to haul the trailer to Nacogdoches to pick up the '81 Interstate Wing

trying to decide if I want to clear some room in the shop to add a Can-Am Spyder tourer ...

·
Wild Hog
1,219 Posts
I have 3 bikes ... see my signature block.

P.S., I guess I'll need more to keep up with you guys!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hope scooters count:

1 x 2004 Vespa GT200 - owned since new 7,000km (currently for sale) in Australia
1 x 1972 Vespa 150 Sprint - bought and used in Thailand then imported into Australia
1 x 2006 Vespa PX200 in Australia
1 x Aprilia Scarabeo 200 in Singapore workhorse
1 x 2004 Hond Rune CBC with leaking clutch master cylinder in Singapore

What a great thread, thanks for the photos, you guys have got some awesome rides

·
Registered
48 Posts
"little"

"Lookin' at that picture of you Dana, i figure you're a pretty little fellar', eh? :wink: "

Tim I really wanted to bring that "little" rocking chair home with me but couldn't figure out a way to get it home on the valk.;-)

I sure would like to make it to Cheaha this year but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get the time off. :banghead: You all are going to have to have a good time for me.

Cheaha ride was and still is one of my favorite events. :)

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
i tried to dig up that pic of you....at Cheaha....on....."the pole". But i couldn't find it..........:croc:

·
The Captain
568 Posts
Hi gang, I haven't been around in a long while. November, I think, was my last visit.

Anyway, I have my Rune, Ducati 999, HD Roadking and my wife has a customized VStar 650 classic and a Kawasaki Ninja.

When we ride one bike together it's the HD. When we go cruising we take the Rune and VStar. Twisties get the Ninja and the Ducati thrown at them.

·
Jersey Boy
2,773 Posts
I currently have my '03 Rune and a '98 Valkyrie just sold a 2006 Goldwing last year. Both may be up for sale in the near future. I am 74 and just diagnosed with stage 1B 2A pancreatic cancer . I KNOW I will beat this P.O.S. But the time has come to part with my 2 beauties. The Valk was ( and still is ) a show winner Came in 1st. place Valkyrie competition for 3 yrs after 2 yrs in 2nd. ( almost best in show, 2 points separated my Valk and the Best in show winner in 2002 ) at Americade in '99 ,2000 ,2001, 2002 and 2003 . Oh, and we all know that the Rune IS always Best Of Show, no matter who it belongs to !!
I also have a 1973 450 K that needs some work and my (twin sons ) 1976 50cc mini trails
Oh yeah, I heard that a warm (hot ) tire comes off the rim when a tire change is at hand ;).
Take care,
Rich K ( RuneSki )

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey Rich;

Good luck on the sales and the recovery. Can't help with years tho...

skip

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
I currently have my '03 Rune and a '98 Valkyrie just sold a 2006 Goldwing last year. Both may be up for sale in the near future. I am 74 and just diagnosed with stage 1B 2A pancreatic cancer . I KNOW I will beat this P.O.S. But the time has come to part with my 2 beauties. The Valk was ( and still is ) a show winner Came in 1st. place Valkyrie competition for 3 yrs after 2 yrs in 2nd. ( almost best in show, 2 points separated my Valk and the Best in show winner in 2002 ) at Americade in '99 ,2000 ,2001, 2002 and 2003 . Oh, and we all know that the Rune IS always Best Of Show, no matter who it belongs to !!
I also have a 1973 450 K that needs some work and my (twin sons ) 1976 50cc mini trails
Oh yeah, I heard that a warm (hot ) tire comes off the rim when a tire change is at hand ;).
Take care,
Rich K ( RuneSki )
bummer man.....beat that stuff. And I can vouch for his Valk. In fact, Rich and I met at Honda Homecoming Valk show.....way, way long ago. He and his beautiful yellow and white...and me and my red white....sat side by side in the show. We both placed that day as I recall.

Get well my friend......

·
Jersey Boy
2,773 Posts
Tim,
Thanks, a lil tough going thru the Chemo but I have a hard head and am very stubborn. We'll beat this (Family and I )
Rich
Thank you all for your support, this helps greatly !

41 - 60 of 60 Posts