Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
For those that have drilled the holes in the lower part of the exhaust, does this help eleviate this hazing or discoloration? Now that I have seen others post on this, I am less concerned that I was the only one having this happen. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Run fast enough to out run the soot ....... :biker:
If that can not be achieved ......... then try spit and elbow grease ....:1st:

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Run fast enough to out run the soot ....... :biker:
If that can not be achieved ......... then try spit and elbow grease ....:1st:
:grin:

i LIKE bROTHER cHUCKS iDEA bEST ......... :grin:

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
The truth of the matter is .........
Any solvent or solution or cleaning or wax product that is PH balanced melts the soot and the bluing/tanning right off the RUNE's exhaust chrome .............
We all have our favorites ........ many, many, many "did I say MANY?" products work perfectly ........ pick any cleaning product under your sink or in your pantry ......... Yep it works ...... even something as harsh as oven cleaner to something as mild as Jet Dry for dishes ..........
Pick something and it will work .......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Use the stock exhaust for an anchor, but forget to tie on a rope.

Yank off those frikin stock POS, 75 lb crappy exhaust, and put on some REAL pipes. The Rivco six packs! No more blueing, cleaning soot BS.........

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Yank off those frikin stock POS, 75 lb crappy exhaust, and put on some REAL pipes. The Rivco six packs! No more blueing, cleaning soot BS.........
Yeah ......... What he said !......... and then send me all 75 lbs of that crappy exhaust to me ....... to: co / wiz or tom ot jacka55 whatever :grin: @ tipton's auto repair somewhere in NC. ........... yes i will even pay the shipping. :grin:

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
simple green......and yes, drilled exhaust = almost no soot....

of course, one could have searched and seen where we have answered this about 99 times before, but.....where's da' fun in dat'? :a13:

·
Jersey Boy
2,854 Posts
Be careful of simple green, very, very corrosive. I spilt some( 60% water /40% simple green )mix on my painted metal garage shelves and it removed the paint and the shelving rusted:22yikes:.
Rich K ( RuneSki )

·
Jersey Boy
7,499 Posts
Be careful of simple green, very, very corrosive. I spilt some( 60% water /40% simple green )mix on my painted metal garage shelves and it removed the paint and the shelving rusted:22yikes:.
Rich K ( RuneSki )
They match your Rune now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.