Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local dealership got their demo rune back from the painters. (nice flame job) So I got to ride more than two miles this time.
Love the power :lol: :lol:
Cruised by the harley shop, love the looks :shock: :shock:
and paid attention to the ergonomics this time
(didn't really pay attention when I bought the harley, well yea I did notice a few things but thought, its not so bad, I could get used to it, wrong, guess what bike is now for sale)

so to make a long story short (yea I know, too late) The ergonomics are not going to work for me. I found my arms almost fully extended and I was bending forward using my back. (I had surgery to fix three back problems, and count myself lucky I got to start riding again)

Now the new transalp, no problem on seating, have ridden for hours on that bike, the harley is two hours tops, and the interstate is a 700 mile a day bike.

maybe I'll look for some interesting collectalbe type honda, an old cb350/400 four, I always wanted on of those when I was a kid. Or there is an 81 CBX near me, that could be a fun bike.

ride the snot out of those runes, I'll be the guy on the valk waiving back. (when I see one, I have yet to pass a rune, and I know there are a few around)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The question is, did the Rune have forward bars or the pull back bars?
A lot of board members have already switched to the back bars to eliminate the forward leaning position. I'd go back to BOB's and check it out :lol:
Jack

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was an XB
chrome wheels and pullback bars, yea would almost be OK if I could get the bars back another 2-3 inches. :cry: :cry:

·
Administrator
6,931 Posts
Sherry had that problem with her RUne. So....when we ordered her Corbin seat, we had them move the driver position forward two inches. Problem solved. NO reaching for her. WHen i move her bike around sometimes.....for me...her seat is WAY to far forward! But the point is, you can fix that reach problem...with a Corbin (or probably Ultimate too i'm betting) made to place you forward more.

So......watcha' waiting for???

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tim has a good point

Dragon Rider,

Tim (Redvalk) has a good point here ! - There are several posts on this Board about exactly this issue about getting mods to new non stock seats. And those people (there are other than Tim´s wife Sherry) have been satisfied with their custom made seats as a solution to get around this issue.

·
Swamp Rat
6,991 Posts
Had I know or even thought about having the Corbin seat configuration adjusted I would have requested it.
However, I don’t have a problem with the reach, it’s not uncomfortable.
I have no intentions of making any more handle bar modifications.
The Rune is long and a little reach should be expected.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreaciate all the help and info. I knew that corbin could made the seat to my specs, so I tried moving forward, tried standing up a few inches, etc. I just can't see spending the $$$ and hoping to then improve the ergonomics. (this decision also means that I get to KEEP THE VALK) which I rode again for the first time in a month or so and said, why the h*ll am I selling this bike?
(which pissed off the last guy who looked at it, hemmed and hawwed, tried to talk me down, said he had to sleep on it and would call back, then didn't, then calls and says OK I want it.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.