Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve come to the unfortunate conclusion that it may be time to sell my 04 Rune. I have been cursed with the lack of desire to ride anymore. And I don’t have room in my garage so I pay $1000/yr to store the bike. I’ve put maybe 100 miles on it in the past 2 years. 2 of those trips were to the dealership for my annual oil change. :cry:

I’m seeing Rune’s on Cycle Trader average around 18k. I was thinking closer to 20k for mine primarily due to the custom paint job. Thoughts on a fair price? Odometer around 18k (I think).

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’m seeing Rune’s on Cycle Trader average around 18k. I was thinking closer to 20k for mine primarily due to the custom paint job. Thoughts on a fair price? Odometer around 18k (I think).

AggieMac and Big Mac one in the same?

First off Good Luck on the sale if you sell.

One nice bike/Rune, the problem with a custom Rune or custom paint job is finding an individual that likes it as much as you do and is willing to pay for it. A custom Rune or custom paint job limits the buyers to one that wants a Rune that looks that way.

I'm in the same boat with selling mine, I did a custom paint/chrome scheme on mine and will try to find a buyer who wants a Rune that way. IF not I also have ALL the OEM parts that I altered by paint or chrome that will go with the bike to return the Rune to OEM as it came from the crate if new owner wants, all altered parts on my Rune were done with new oem ones and the original oem ones were saved.

In short IMO the price you want is more than fair for that Rune!(y)

·
Registered
88 Posts
AggieMac and Big Mac one in the same?

First off Good Luck on the sale if you sell.

One nice bike/Rune, the problem with a custom Rune or custom paint job is finding an individual that likes it as much as you do and is willing to pay for it. A custom Rune or custom paint job limits the buyers to one that wants a Rune that looks that way.

I'm in the same boat with selling mine, I did a custom paint/chrome scheme on mine and will try to find a buyer who wants a Rune that way. IF not I also have ALL the OEM parts that I altered by paint or chrome that will go with the bike to return the Rune to OEM as it came from the crate if new owner wants, all altered parts on my Rune were done with new oem ones and the original oem ones were saved.

In short IMO the price you want is more than fair for that Rune!(y)
Thanks for the input, I agree any custom paint scheme narrows the audience vs the stock colors. But certainly someone will think its the bee's knees! lol
About 2 years ago I actually came across a Rune on the internet that copied my paint job almost indentically to mine....I think it took me at least 30 seconds to figure out it wasn't MY bike! So somebody out there liked it enough to copy it! But at the time I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or offended that the owner "stole" my paint job! lol
PS - Yes, BigMac and AggieMac are the same guy...me ;-)

·
Registered
287 Posts
You probably already know this but...I highly recommend not letting anyone test ride your bike unless they hand you cash for the full sale price prior. Of course, subject to full "refund" if they don't buy it and the option to negotiate if you are not firm on your asking price. Anyone seriously considering buying such a bike should already have funds in hand to purchase. Too may problems for you should something go south on a test ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You probably already know this but...I highly recommend not letting anyone test ride your bike unless they hand you cash for the full sale price prior. Of course, subject to full "refund" if they don't buy it and the option to negotiate if you are not firm on your asking price. Anyone seriously considering buying such a bike should already have funds in hand to purchase. Too may problems for you should something go south on a test ride.
Sound advice. Thx!

·
Jersey Boy
2,907 Posts
OK, I just posted a separate post I just sold my Baby today after being her keeper and her rewarding me with her beauty for just shy of 19 years. It was time I set her free to roam in new surroundings for $18,000. She needed new shoes and some transfusions ( oil and other essential fluids). The new owner turned 51 today and proudly motored her up into her golden chariot ( trailer ) for the ride to her new home.
I will miss her dearly !!!
She was in good company for a period of time next to my new love !!
Rich
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input, I agree any custom paint scheme narrows the audience vs the stock colors. But certainly someone will think its the bee's knees! lol
About 2 years ago I actually came across a Rune on the internet that copied my paint job almost indentically to mine....I think it took me at least 30 seconds to figure out it wasn't MY bike! So somebody out there liked it enough to copy it! But at the time I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or offended that the owner "stole" my paint job! lol
PS - Yes, BigMac and AggieMac are the same guy...me ;-)
Check out this other Rune I stumbled upon that copied my paint job.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's surprising how a few small details can change a paint job from one that looks great to one that doesn't look so good. The bags don't help as already stated, the lack of chrome wheels takes alot away, and the lack of flow of the paint job really makes a big difference. Yours the paint job flows so nicely from the rear fender and through the side covers up under/through the seat to the fuel tank. The copied paint job bike missed that and so the whole paint job is lacking... IMO...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's surprising how a few small details can change a paint job from one that looks great to one that doesn't look so good. The bags don't help as already stated, the lack of chrome wheels takes alot away, and the lack of flow of the paint job really makes a big difference. Yours the paint job flows so nicely from the rear fender and through the side covers up under/through the seat to the fuel tank. The copied paint job bike missed that and so the whole paint job is lacking... IMO...
Thank you for your kind words! I happen to agree with your perspective 100% ;-)

·
Let's Geaux
2004 NRX18DB4 w/Chrome Wheels
988 Posts
Check out this other Rune I stumbled upon that copied my paint job.

View attachment 21281
Whomever copied your paint job did just that... They didn't follow through from the tank to the rear end... they missed the flow as Dan said and the missing chrome wheels further distracts from the overall effect that your bike has.
Good luck on the sale... I'm pretty sure you will find someone that likes the paint job as much as you did, and BTW, I think your Rune is worth every penny you're asking and probably more.
Rod

Reactions: Afghanpilot
1 - 20 of 28 Posts