Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the side of their rear fender. if i remember right, a couple of folks said their bikes had it. i checked mine, and didn't see one.

Now flash forward to yesterday....i ride my bike down to the local meeting place for our local group rides. The bike it sitting in the sun....all polished and clean as usual...and one of the guys says "hey, i think i see a small 'dent' in your rear fender".

Sure enough....at that angle of sunlight...i could see it. I walk up and look...and there...on the right hand side of the rear fender....low and in the back right rear side...is the tiniest little dent. i finally figured that it has no doubt been there the whole two years (in a few months) i have owned the bike. It looks like it is where they clamped the fender to weld a brace/bracket on the inside of the fender.

i feel SURE some of you guys mentioned this before. I just wanted to say after all this time...of NEVER seeing that little dimple/dent...i finally saw it yesterday! so yes, mine has it too..............

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe you are correct. that's what it looks like to me too. and....i'm pretty sure the others that found this....long ago...and posted it here...said the same thing.

i just find it amazing i NEVER saw it before....and i looked for it! in fact, i just went out in the garage and looked for it again...but i can't see it now. The light has to be JUST right for me to see it. Wonder if there is one on the left side as well? Probably is....but with the bike leaned over that way...you probably can't get "the right light" or angle to see it?

Meanwhile, so far, i can't find it on my wife's red Rune...but you KNOW it's probably there. Just haven't got the right light/angle to see it....yet.

Granted, it's tiny. but it's there! i just find it amazing i NEVER saw it before...in almost two years! Kind of embarrassing some others had to see it/find it for me :oops:

·
Registered
534 Posts
- Look at it this way ...

Tim,

- Look at this way : - Sometimes it's even considered charming when a nice girl is having freckles ... :wink:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea....the thought that MAYBE the dent wasn't visible before had crossed my mind. After all, i JUST did have my rear tire changed out a few weeks ago...which required the shop to remove the rear fender. Could they have 'stressed' it in some way during removal that caused that dent to now show? Possible, i suppose?

but given how hard it is to see....and how small...i'm sort of thinking it was there all along and i just didn't have the right light/angle to see it before. Like i said, now if i go out in the garage and look for it...i can NOT see it. But it's there.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts