Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and here is my 'report'.

first, i saw and heard the new Rune exhaust. They already have 16 orders for the 1000 dollar exhaust system. It sounded pretty good. Actually, it sounded VERY similar to the exhaust mod we have all done! just a small bit different...but similar.

I can also tell you they are working on a LOUDER electric (not air horn) horn for the RUne. Not sure when it will be ready for release?

they really treated me good. took me out to eat....out drinking on the town...i had a blast!

So for those waiting on the exhaust...it shouldn't be long now...and it sounded mighty fine.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well now Tim, sounds like they dined ya and wined ya so you'd talk good about their exhaust. :chicken: :beer3: How did it look compared to the oem exhaust?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to be honest on both accounts....one, they're old friends of mine, so they wined me and dined me just because we ARE friends....and to party! Honest...they've already sold 16 of them....which sort of surprised me!

Second....i was one of the guys who like(d) the OEM look. So i personally do NOT like the look. But for those who might like that look....it looks like quality-wise and appearance-wise....they should look good. i would have preferred they modify the OEM pipes and keep that look.

But then...i already sort of did that myself....for the cost of a drill bit....THANKS TO GUYS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's right Al....I mean Shawn 8) They got more votes for the six into six....so that's what they went with. they sounded pretty good. like i said...i like the stock look...and since my 1 1/8 holes have given me a sound i like...i'm set and happy with my bike the way it is.

but for those who want a cool sound...and this look...and some more HP....this should do the trick! And of course, RIVCO will stand behind what they sell. They are a major manufacturer.

OH....WHILE I THINK OF IT....KEN FROM SC....and any others who have had any problems with their rubber pads coming off foot pegs. While talking to Rich i mentioned to RIch (the owner) i knew Ken had some of the pads come off his footpegs. He said they did get a bad batch of glue.....and that they had some folks lose rubber pads off pegs. Bottom line, call RIVCO...and they'll GLADLY send you replacement pads and some new (good) glue/adhesive. So call em' Ken...and any others who had that problem!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tim,

Thanks for the insight to your friends at Rivco. I sure wish they'd given more "artisitc" to some of their designs for the Rune. The passenger boards while great are most "undesigned." Just no art...same with their exhaust and highway pegs.

Peace,
Dickson

·
Registered
32 Posts
IMHO, the Rivco pipes detract from the Rune's low profile by sweeping upward. Darn! They put forth a good effort, but never considered or followed the actual lines of the bike itself. This bike was intensely thought-out, well-designed & thoroughly engineered, long before production. Honda left very little room for improvement. Oh well. The search continues...........

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmpf. The final design looks better than the mock-up from a while back. I just dunno. I don't think they look bad, but it's definately not my cup of tea. They sound fantastic!

There isn't any way of designing a new exhaust for this bike that is going to look as good as stock. You can't come straight back with something like the Valkyrie, there's too much of a gap and unfinished stuff behind the exhaust. You can already see too much of the swingarm with the Rivco setup.

I still think the best bet is for someone to do an internal modification with the system, leaving the stock styling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts