Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for drilling out your pipes, i just ordered a step/variable bit that goes from 7/8 to 1 1/8 in 1/8 steps (only two steps, in this case!). You can get a smaller step bit that goes up to 7/8 for cheap ....all day long at Home Depot. Then...if you want to go a bit more (a 7/8 hole uses a 1/2 inch conduit plug to plug it....a 1 1/8 hole fits perfectly for a 3/4 inch conduit plug....thus 7/8 and 1 1/8 are "key" sizes)...i can bring the bit with me to Cheaha Rally in April....Helen Rally in GA in May....InZane Rally in Paducha in July...and to the Rune Rally in September. There's four chances for you to show up and borrow the bit. it works on a standard 3/8 inch drive.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Big Hole

So Tim... have you reamed that 7/8" hole of yours out to 1 1/8" ? :22yikes: If so, was it worth it. I heard your bike overthe phone at 7/8" and it sounded sweet. Is 1 1/8 sweeter and yet bearable while riding?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bit hasn't come in yet. I leave for Dayton Ohio tomorrow. When i get back saturday, bit should be here...and i'll be reaming that baby a bit more :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts