·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys tell me what you think the valve stem bolts still have to be hexed

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, Tom sign me for a set of the valve stem caps, I'm undecided on the cover bolts, they seem a little long.

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Looking good as always, Tom
You already have my order

Rich are you hording or is Gene one lucky dog?
I finally hooked up the scanner and posted pics of all my old bikes.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yes I want the injector cover bolts

The blood-stabber bolts will make it much easier to remove the injector covers ---- especially the right side, which I have to remove to check the coolant level.

who has found deep sockets deep enuf to do these bolts?
ken

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Chuck,
Didn't someone mention to me a while ago that it is illegal in all 50 States for you to hold a wrench in your hands :?: :) Never mind havin' all them pointy things close to you :!:
How you doin' partner :?:
Take good care,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Tom,I was wondering what the end result to the valve covers were, you know the new and improved,if you have pics where can I view them.
Thanks much.

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Tom,
I received my Injector cover and Valve Stem bolts today. :pepper1:
Looking good Tom :bow1:

So...... what's next?
Brake and Clutch resivor cover bolts, pointed of course
Radiator Cover bolts :clap2:

Could you give me an apx. :money1: price on making a set of rear peg brackets based on Hannibal's design. I'm thinking maybe twisted arms running back or a solid piece running back with a fancy cut out in it. Let me know what you think
I can get the pegs I want from Jardine or Kerican, I just need some where to attach them.
Can you read CAD files (dwg or dxf)? I could design them on my CPU, I can't draw worth a sh*t free hand, but I sure can push the keys and mouse.

Oh yea, I sent your website to SHOE from
http://www.hotshoecustoms.com
He should be contacting you.

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Got my two sets of pointys today :pepper1: Tom and family,LOOKIN' GOOD. Now to haul my Rune down to some where it is at least above 20 degrees and no salt on the roads :(
Back to work tomorrow at 3 a.m after a 5 week layoff, I've been making payments on the the Rune with money saved. Poor dog hasen't eaten' in quite a while though :roll:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Rich,
I talked to Tom today; he said the TB cover bolts are interchangeable with the Radiator Cover bolts. The rear TB cover bolt was just to close to my leg to be so pointy, so I used it on the Radiator Covers. I but them on tonight and I like the look. I was careful not to crush the plastic due to the bolts not having the blank shank area the stockiers have.
He said he could make a radius end bolt for the rear TB cover bolt for those of us who need all the blood we have left.
One more thing.............I can send some of our "road kill" down to feed that poor pup of yours, that is if he still has any of the "wild" left in him.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Tom,
Yes Yes Skibum is right --> the Hydraulics Reservoirs need the blood-stabbers too! Cute, little ones, but sharp.

Ignore those wussies up north -- make them sharp!

And as Bubba said, in Forrest Gump: "That about does it" for the pointy blood-stabber bolts for our Runes !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts