Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
to the board members.
my friend Alberto just purchased a Rune in Usa and he his leaving Italy on 1st april for a ride in Usa of 60 days on his new Rune approximately 12.000 miles ride than he will load the bike to Italy.
J suppose the start will be in NY area.
j am passing to him the board address and to the board his email address
ciao
hannibal

the mail address of Alberto is

[email protected]
- a nice young boy 62 years old

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
j got the list of states Alberto will cross:
Connecticut il New Jersey, il Delaware, il Maryland,la Virginia,il North Carolina,il South Carolina,la Georgia,la Florida, l’Alabama,il Mississipii,la Luisiana, Texas Messico e d’Arizona poi verso l’Utha, il Nevada e a La California and back to New York.

Hi Ken, you a have a Pony Express competitor now. hahah :lol:

ciao
hannibal

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Hannibal,
If you "vouch" for Alberto, I'll feed him :eat2: and show him my favorite roads in NW New Jersey.
Does he "speaka da" English? :lol:
American English that is, not the Kings English. I failed English when I went to a British school in Japan. :oops: I passed French, Spanish, Japanese and Latin, but they didn't think it was funny when I said "I speak "American" a "slang" language, so anything that comes out of my mouth is grammatically correct".
Let me know if he's good people.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alberto

Hi Skibum.
tks for the kind reply.
Alberto is a GW owner. he saw my rune one year back at Honda family meeting. His brother is a doctor leaving and working in Usa for a long time.
He was a book dealer and has a good culture. Very polite he retired and loving a lot riding. (two trips to maroc). loving mechanical bricolage. j suppose he would like to have some contact for showing scenic roads.
In europe we use to have this sort of contacts, a few minutes meeting just to say hello and go this direction or look at that city.
Alberto is afraid about american language, me too.
End april our group will meet Thor's Hammer walkiria ride at the swiss border. We will not feed them but we will feel with vine as their tanks. :lol:
forget they came back to usa for a couple of years.
:wink:

ciao
hannibal

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Hannibal,
Give him my phone # 1-908-362-6136 and tell him to call me when he comes to NJ.
It's supposed to rain here from March 31 to April 3 so hopefully he will wait until then to start his ride south.

Dargli il mio telefono # 1-908-362-6136 e dirgli di chiamarme quando viene a NJ. È supposto per piovere qui dal 31 marzo al 3 aprile cosí fiduciosamente attenderà finché poi cominciare la sua passeggiata

Click here: AccuWeather.com Snow, Ice, Rain Radar
http://radar.accuweather.com/adcbin/pub ... type=still

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hannibal,
Tell Alberto he can stay at my place in South Carolina. I have a spare room and no moglie to control things.

It will take him 12 hours of riding to get from New Jersey to my house in South Carolina.

I live 1.6km from I-95, the autostrade which connects New Jersey to Florida.
We can visit the Revolutionary War City of Charleston.

my phone number: 843-563-8155
I will post a map on my website soon.
http://ken.crawley.org

PS: I almost have 27,000 miles. He will not be in competition to beat me!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi ken,
:D hahahahah.
Alberto is on the fligh. j got he his reaching Connecticut. He will cross NJ
so j am mailing your news. tks for him.
j told Alberto to register on the board.
just for all rune riders, italian riders are not "invadenti" that means if you call him should be just for to say to him hallo or to show a scenic road.

j had a nice experience in 2004 in yosemite with walk riders. j was expecting a meeting as "fronte del porto" with young Marlon Brando or the bike gangs j found a gentileman meeting where people was drinking orange juice :lol:
Europe is always late on Usa experiences. today Naples is like your Chicago 1920/1935 and the bike meetings in north italy sometimes generate knifes and blod (Padova custom show 2004)
J have contacts mainly with rune board and usa rune riders should be proud of exporting a nice life stille.
Sirs, a Rune rider is a gentleman.
The us$ helps the tourism from Italy to Usa and our experince of your country is increasing.
ciao Ken
Hannibal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alberto Has Arrived

Hey amici! I'm honored to be riding in the usa streets and i'm touched by the generousity of fellow valkyrie rune riders.

If, on the streets, you see a clumsy rune biker who doesn't speak good english, it's me!

ciao, Alberto

·
Registered
10 Posts
italian runer

Runeman,
thank you for your invite.

If you really can't slip out from work I'll just have to come by at night in front of your house and rev the engine of the rune just for the pleasure of saying hello! alberto

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Alberto,
I hope you’re hanging out somewhere and not out riding in this rain. It is supposed to break tomorrow, if you're still in the NJ area give me a call at 1-908-362-6136 and we can hit the bike show in Somerset or go for a ride to Hawks Nest

Non spero che lei appende fuori in qualche luogo e fuori da passeggiare in questa pioggia. È supposto per rompere domani, se il suo tuttavia nell'area di NJ me dà una chiamata a 1-908-362-6136 e possiamo colpire la mostra di bicicletta in Somerset o andiamo per una passeggiata al Nido di Falchi

·
Registered
10 Posts
USA Trip

Grazie Skibum,
I'm hoping to pass through NJ, coming from Waterbury CT, on Tuesday around late afternoon. I hope that you'll be able to join me in enjoying the first of the many beers that I plan to drink in America (it's obligatory that the beer for you and any friends will be on me!!). Naturally, you'll offer if you ever come to Italy! :biker:

vrooom, vroooom!

ciao.

-alberto

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Chuck,
Although I learned French, Spanish, Japanese and Latin when I lived overseas, you must remember that I now live in Jersey. The wonderful mind altering air we have down near the city (where most of my projects are) has wiped my memory clean. I'm using a translation program so Alberto has an easier time reading my posts.

Here's a pic of one of your Gators I was playing with on the way back from Key West. I took Rt 41 through the Everglades.

It was apx 15' long, my wife made me start the bike when it came over to our side of the road (I was slapping the water with my hand :roll: )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Alberto,
Tuesday is good for me. I live in the NW corner of NJ, where Interstate 80 crosses into Pa. (Blairstown on your map)
If you plan on going into the city (NYC) you can stay at my house after your done. I'm about 1.5 hours west of NYC. This should allow you to spend some more time in NYC and still have a secure place to park your new RUNE for the night.
If you have time on Wednesday we can ride up to my favorite spot

L'Alberto, martedì è buono per me. Vivo nell'angolo di NW di NJ, dove fra stati 80 croci nella Pa. (Il Blairstown sulla sua mappa) Se lei progetta su andare nella città (NYC) lei può stare alla mia casa dopo suo fatto. Riguardo 1,5 ovest di ore di NYC. Questo dovrebbe consentirla spendere del più tempo in NYC e ha tuttavia un luogo sicuro per parcheggiare il suo RUNE nuovo per la notte. Se lei ha il tempo su mercoledì che possiamo passeggiare fino alla mia macchia preferita

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.